Feels like everything wants to fall out? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feels like everything wants to fall out? Feels like everything wants to fall out?

Unread 04-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Feels like everything wants to fall out?

I am 8days post op had a TH LAVH even though I only have a v now I still feel like everything wants to come out I wonder if this may because of swelling? Other than that I have been taking it easy and feel pretty good. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2009, 06:39 AM
Re: Feels like everything wants to fall out?

Hi,
You are still early on in recovery, let your doctor know you have that sensation. It probably is due to swelling and such but I would respect it. It could be your body telling you to lay down. Good luck
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:18 AM

Thanks, Hope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2009, 08:40 AM

I had a TAH, and I had somewhat the same sensations you have now. My incision is 9" long, and vertical. When I got up to do my walking, or another trip to the bathroom, I felt as if my tummy was jiggling, and at any moment, the incision would open up and everything would fall out!! It was the worst feeling. However, good news is that it doesn't last for long (although it feels like forever at the time). By the time I was 3 weeks post-op, I was no longer carrying my pooch everywhere I went. By the time I was 5 weeks post-op, I needed some support, mostly for my back's sake. I bought some support garments, and that helped immensely!! I believe that my abdominal muscles are weak from the surgery, and thus my posture is different. Now that I am six weeks post-op, I can start returning to normall activities and exercising. I can't wait to get back to my new normal!

Best of luck to you in your recovery. You are still early yet, but it will come along, and get easier, little by little. Here's hoping for an uneventful recovery!!
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:04 AM

Don't worry, nothing will fall out! It does feel that way, while in the hospital I had an abdominal support band that helped and I continued to use during my reovery at home...once back at work (6wks later) I found a support girdle used for plastic surgery patients (find at dept. store) that I wear now...helps alot. Just remember to keep walking...it really helps and with the swelly belly but don't over do it...swelly belly comes that way too.

Oh, be sure to empty your bladder completely when you go to bathroom...and drink plenty of fluids...rest!

Becky
Unread 04-18-2009, 09:27 AM

Thsnks for writing me back all the support of the sisters is wonderful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register