nausea post-op 14 days, one ovary and no pain meds | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nausea post-op 14 days, one ovary and no pain meds nausea post-op 14 days, one ovary and no pain meds

Unread 03-22-2011, 10:24 AM
nausea post-op 14 days, one ovary and no pain meds

(reposted from new member page)
hi everyone!

I'm hoping to find someone with similar symptoms or knowledge about what I am feeling.

a little background: I had an emergency d&c 2 days after returning from the hospital with my 3rd bio child (all c-sections). my cycles never returned to normal. I had another d&c and one with ablasion with no success. last cycle before surgery was 20 days, 5 days off, then back on for almost 2 weeks (until surgery). to be fair, I was more "weeping" than flowing, but still.... I was recommended to have an abdominal hysterectomy by my ob/gyn. I had a large, painful fibroid as well. upon removal, my doc said my uterus was "angry" and too thin to have sustained another pregnancy (this was not bad news for me; I'd had my tubes tied - twice, hence third child - best accident ever). one ovary was cystic and bleeding so therefore removed.

I feel pretty good mentally and physically. have been off of all pain meds for a week or better. I am sure I overdo it but I have three young (ages 2, 3, and 5) kids - kind of impossible not to. aside from being tired and a bit weak/shaky at times, I have really no complaint other than nausea. it started about a week ago, and it is intermittent. sometimes horrible, sometimes not even there. no actual vomiting. I do the soda/saltines bit, and have taken antacid tablets. I also am having loose bowels with some frequency, although I still have the "tied up", dull and achy feeling in my intestines. I don't expect to be normal yet!

I called my doctor yesterday and was told he didn't think this was a symptom typical of this surgery, particularly since I am off of pain meds and am not on hrts. I am, however, on 4 medications, two of which I have been on for almost 20 years (anti-seizure meds).

so what do you think? hormonal imbalance from the lost ovary? just a body returning to normal after major surgery? something more serious? my doctor's response has got me worried!!!

I appreciate your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register