TVH Full VH discussion. please read and respond. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full VH discussion. please read and respond. Full VH discussion. please read and respond.

Unread 09-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Full VH discussion. please read and respond.

Hello,
I had TVH done on August 26, 2014.
Today is day 13 of recovery for me.

I am wondering if other VH patients wouldn't mind sharing your healing experiences here so others who had the same or similar surgery can learn the ins and outs and get a general idea of what to expect on our healing journeys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Re: Full VH discussion. please read and respond.

So far I have had a few glitches since my hysterectomy was done. My initial issue was not being able to pee or have bm after I came home. Apparently the catheter caused swelling. I called my Dr's office and they called meds into the pharmacy. I thought it would take a few days to work but after taking Pyridine (sp? ) the issue was gone within minutes. Literally.

I've also had some internal aches and pulling sensations that have since eased up. I had a terrible jolting pain inside my hip and thankfully that is gone now also.
The biggest issue I've had thus far is a pinching stinging sensation I assume is near my cuff and since have had a panty liner worthy discharge that had some red after the pinching stinging sensation and then pinkish and orangish yellow discharge that is odorific. Horrible and yuck.
I called my gyno Dr and they are calling in either more antibiotics, yeast meds or both. I'll find out here when they call me back.
Other than that I am doing ok. So far so good.

I do wonder, as I am sure others do, what I may expect in the next coming weeks and months on my path to healing.
If you have also had this type of surgery, your input would be greatly appreciated, whether you had it done recently or are completely healed.
All input is appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Unread 09-08-2014, 10:14 AM

PS I do not have a fever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2014, 01:10 PM

I had a tvh on Aug 14th..came home Aug 15th.never took Any pain medication after discharge. .did take stool softeners to which I still do..1st bm was day 4..no problems...was walking a mile 0.5 am and 0.5 pm by day 5...and since day 13 have walked 3 to 4 miles a day..returned to gym on day 22. Started eliptical that day with treadmill walking..had no discharge vaginally what so ever..no bleeding. .I've lost 10 pounds since morning of surgery. .I'm sure a lot if it was my 11 cm 300 gram uterus !! Had fibroids and adenomyosis. .I'm 47 years old 3 kids...doing wonderful!!! A rectocele was discovered during surgery. .gyne is not concerned having no symptoms..she said many women have prolapse and don't know it..not going to worry until or if it becomes a problem. .none yet!!
Unread 09-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Msacht awesome news coming from you! Great to hear the positives.
Unread 09-08-2014, 03:14 PM

I had my total vaginal hysterectomy on August 4. I was scheduled for a total vaginal hyster with my right ovary and tube removed. After they removed the ovary and tube They couldn't stop some bleeding so they had to go in laparoscopically to stop the bleeding. I have 3 small incisions on my stomach. I don't really remember the day that much after the surgery because I was kinda in and out they kept me pretty comfortable with pain meds. I do remember my husband being right there giving me sips of water or ice chips when I'd wake up. The next morning early morning they made sure I could walk and then took my catheter out. I went home later that day. After I got home I noticed I was peeing a lot and it kinda hurt but I just ignored and laid down. The next morning so 2 days post op I noticed the pain when peeing was kinda worse so I called and they sent me to a lab to have my urine checked and I had an uti. Probably from the catheter. Other then I've had a pretty good recovery. I went in at 2 weeks and she said my outside incisions were healing good, she took a quick look inside and also felt and said they all were healing nicely. I am 5 weeks out today and I'm doing good. I still have days where it's more painful then others. I notice the pain is worse when I walk around a lot. I do feel way better then I did right after surgery and the pain I have now is nothing Tylenol and ibprofen can't take care of.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register