Does LSH Mess up Your Belly Button? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does LSH Mess up Your Belly Button? Does LSH Mess up Your Belly Button?

Unread 08-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Does LSH Mess up Your Belly Button?

my belly button has a scar near the bottom of it but i'd really have to point it out for anyone to see. its barely noticable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 05:17 PM

I know this is going to be a funny question Do you have an innie or outtie??? I have an innie. I have had three surgery's threw my belly botton... It looks the same and all 3 times i got infected there.... Before I ever had a surgery I got my belly button pierced and that got infected first, then all others did too........So mine is great now and no problems
Unread 08-18-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherlyq63
i have a small scar under my bellybutton frm my tubal 12 years ago, can't hardly tell its there,unlike the zipper i got from heart surgery at 20
they said I could wear a bikini after that and noone would know i had surgery, good thing I am not the bikini type.lol

The people who keep saying you can wear a bikini after must not have seen bikini's lately.
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfaith
The people who keep saying you can wear a bikini after must not have seen bikini's lately.
LOL, NOW THAT WAS FUNNY..... I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. MY 13 YO RUNS AROUND IN THIS THING CALLED A BIKINI. YEAH MORE LIKE A BANDAID, POSTAGE STAMP, I DON'T KNOW WHATS WORSE HER THONG UNDERWARE OR HER ITTY BITTY BATHING SUIT!
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes2u
LOL, NOW THAT WAS FUNNY..... I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. MY 13 YO RUNS AROUND IN THIS THING CALLED A BIKINI. YEAH MORE LIKE A BANDAID, POSTAGE STAMP, I DON'T KNOW WHATS WORSE HER THONG UNDERWARE OR HER ITTY BITTY BATHING SUIT!
greeneyes2u

I think they need to update the term bikini cut I think its a no longer politcally correct. By the way I thank God for boys, but then again my boys like girls big trouble all the way around.
Unread 08-23-2007, 03:12 PM

I had a tummy tuck a few years ago and was concerned that this LSH would mess up my belly button. You cannot even tell that anything was done to it, and they removed my uterus and a large fibroid through my belly button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalj3
I know its a silly question maybe but I did hear they use the Belly Button as the port for the camera.

Does your BB look different after you heal?

Does it get bigger and weird looking???

Just wondering.

Thanks!
Lisa
Unread 08-23-2007, 04:01 PM

I had a lap. 20 years ago for my endo. and my belly button looked fine after that. Now on June 6th I had LAVH and my physician went through the same spot as 20 years ago. It looks fine and no problems.

Lisa I also want to let you know that I traveled 3 hours to my physician because of his skills with Lapar.. I am so glad that I did.

I wish you the best and your belly button will do great! :-) (so will you!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register