Headaches and Neck pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Headaches and Neck pain Headaches and Neck pain

Unread 08-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Headaches and Neck pain

Hi LB - well - it was a weird work/sporting accident... I was a teacher at a K-12 school and this was an after school activity for a HS play we had put on - a big party in the gym... the teacher in charge decided to bring in an earthball - a six foot tall ball... and I thought it was stupid (and I was right!)... that teacher left the gym and left the ball unsupervised without telling anyone else...

I was playing volleyball in the one corner of the gym the last that I remember... meanwhile - two FULL grown teen boys decided to run behind the ball from one end of the double gym to the other... and see what would happen when they hit the wall... unfortunately - they hit me when they got close to the wall... I hit the wall - then the floor... ended up with the basal skull fracture...

Told you it was weird!! My advice- stay away from BIG BALLS!!!

As for the accupuncture - my GP at the time did it in his office... but I have no clue if your medical will cover it - if they do other services like physio, nateopath - they just might... maybe give them a call?

Hugs!

Shauna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Headaches and Neck pain

Man, I do workman's comp and medical insurance billing for a living -- when there is an accident involved, I have to know details -- must admit, you would go to the "head of the class" with that one!

Going to my GYN tomorrow -- will ask about the AP.

CandyApple -- I am familiar with rebound headaches -- had migraines since age 12 -- so, I'm careful with my meds -- but this is a totally different type of headache in placement and intensity and I distinctly remember coming out of the OR into recovery with it and the severe neck pain. I was in surgery for only two hours -- so, I don't know if the placement of my neck was wrong or what -- having been an OR tech, I know the anesthesiologists are usually extremely careful about head/neck placement especially with endotracheal anesthesia. But I'm going to mention it to the GYN tomorrow. I've gone down every path I can think of.....I'm just so tired of the pain. I just want to lie down for a few weeks. LOL
Unread 08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Doctor said...

Well, they are running a hormonal and thyroid panel on me. She wanted me to start birth control pills again until the results come in as I don't have all the symptoms of ovaries not working but some that indicate they may not have kicked back in to gear. I will NOT take BCP's again. She assured me that it's a much lower dose than what I was on -- 20 compared to 200 -- but still, I just don't want to -- I'd rather wait for the results.

With regard to the headaches and neck pain -- she is sending me for physical therapy. Apparently, this could be related to positioning during surgery since it was so long and then also after talking with the PT tech -- he has seen numerous women who after having a hysto have these upper back and neck pain issues because of having the pelvic floor worked on. Have you guys ever heard of such a thing?? The PT tech is extremely respected and extremely smart in his field and specializes in the neck and spinal area. But it threw me that the pelvic floor was related to the neck and shoulder area.

Have I totally lost it? I just want to get in my car and just drive for a very long time and just go away for a while. Maybe that will fix this.

I was brave enough to tell my doctor that yeah, she stopped the bleeding but now I have all these other issues instead. She pointed out a few things I had forgotten -- since I have stopped losing blood -- my overall health has drastically improved. Guess it was her way of saying -- pain and symptoms can be fixed...but I'm still very

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register