Scheduled TAH Feeling much better about this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling much better about this Feeling much better about this

Unread 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Feeling much better about this

I had my pre-op appointments today: first with my OBGYN then at the hospital. I absolutely love my doctor and am so thankful to have found her. She really set my mind at ease about my fears (mainly the pain and menopause) and I now know I can handle this, though I'm still really emotional about it. I'm having a Radical Abdominal Hysterectomy with Oopherectomy (sp?), Wound Exploration, and Excursion of Incision on Tuesday, August 3rd. In case you don't know what all that means, they're taking it all (ovaries included) and since my endo is manifesting at my old c-section incisions, those have to go too. Essentially, she'll be removing all the scarred skin and tissue and performing a "tummy tuck" along with the hysterectomy. I'm really scared of how much pain all of this will be, but I know that I've made the right choice and that it will be worth it. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook from here on out which I believe will make my recovery better. This isn't an end for me, it's a new beginning: one without pain or periods!

I am so thankful to have found this site. In my 4 hours at the doctor/hospital today I was reading a lot of your stories and tips on my phone and you all have helped me with this decision more than you know. I wasn't able to reply to everything I read, but just know that I feel your pain and how hard it is to deal with all of this. Only we know what's best for us and I trust that we are all making the best decisions we can. I look forward to getting to know you all, having your support and guidance through this difficult time, and providing my own support and experience down the road. Thanks for all you've done already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Re: Feeling much better about this

IM glad you found this site,it has really helped me to.I go in for mine Aug.30th. cant wait. I wish I was getting a tummy tuck,im afraid of all the flab I may have with nothing inside to support it (lol) well glad your here,and you will feel better real soon. keep us posted,and ley us know how your doing. I too have alot of scar tissue due to 4 c- sections,so I know the pain. huge cysts on my overies, cant wait for my surgery. well good luck,and wishing you the best in your surgery, and in recovery... (cyber hugs, your way ) im also having TAH/BSO for the same reason
Unread 07-31-2010, 08:12 AM

I really love this site as well. It is helping me cope these last few days before my surgery. JEWINJUWA, our surgeries are on the same day. Mine is scheduled for 11am. I will continue to pray for everyone due for surgery and I pray that everything goes well in Jesus Christ's name...Amen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2010, 09:53 AM

My surgery is at 11:00 too, HYSCRD. I will think of you and the rest of those who are having surgery this week and say a prayer before I go under. Here's to feeling better!
Unread 07-31-2010, 03:38 PM

I will be praying and thinking of you and everyone else as well. I'll tell my spouse to bring my laptop on day two to the hospital so that i can post a few comments about the surgery. I LOVE THIS SITE. It's making me feel better by the day I think I have found a place I can call home

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register