hello and question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hello and question hello and question

Unread 11-10-2002, 07:10 AM
hello and question

Hi all! I'm Jen from Michigan. I've known I've had endo for about 2 years now, had my right ovary removed last June due to cysts on it, was fine for about a year. Ended up in the ER last Monday night, to find out that I may have cysts on my left ovary. I really don't want to go thru what I went thru with my right ovary, which was 15 years of pain (first found out about the cysts when I was 19), another course of Lupron, and just gereally feeling cruddy from the pain.

Am I right in asking my doctor, who I see on Friday, if a hysterectomy is what I need, or am I jumping the gun? Any and all advice is welcome!

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2002, 07:24 AM
hello and question

Hi Jen, I'm so sorry you're having all that pain and problems . Of course you have a right to ask your dr anything you want to ask. If a hysterectomy is not what you need ,he/she will tell you. I'd make a list of your questions so you don't forget any. I never remember anything unless I write it down I hope you get answers and relief quickly.
Unread 11-11-2002, 04:01 AM
hello and question

Hi, Jen,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

I'm sorry that you are in such pain, but glad that you found us. I don't know how much reading you have already done on the site, but you may also want to visit our Options and Alternatives Forum https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...p?s=&forumid=4 where you'll find posts from other ladies who are still researching what may be best for them.

And here are links to sites with alot of endo information: here: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=76143

Please keep on reading and posting - we'll do our best to help you find answers that are best for you. Please let us know what you find out when you visit your doctor Friday.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Thanks

Thanks to both of you who replied, and even to those who didn't. It's just good to know that folks out there care

Can't wait till Friday when I can hopefully gets some answers from my doctor. He's a great guy, and is willing to talk with his patients and help them.

Just a bit scared, but have a good support group both here and in the real world. Most of my friends are supportive of whatever decsion I want to make, and so is DH, which is the best support of all

Thanks again, and will post followup on Friday after the doctor visit.

:dragon:
Unread 11-12-2002, 04:39 PM
how I made my decision

After two years of trying this, trying that and getting worse, I was relieved when the dr. said a hysterectomy was probably the only way to resolve my problems.

I feel that if it makes me better physically it can only improve the rest of my life. That said, it was probably easier for me to reach that conclusion because we are done having children and I can't imagine going another 10-15 years with the floods I now have.

I feel quality of life is absolutely a legitimate reason for hysterectomy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Unread 11-12-2002, 05:01 PM
sounds familiar

Hi Jen,
Dito for me...had the same thing. My Dr. thought I had endo for a long time. Had a lap last May 2001 ovary was so bad they removed it. felt good for awhile then bam! This year started having alot of the same problems. The ultrasound found cysts on the other ovary. Had some options but could not do hormones or BC because I had blood clots last year. So I was more limited on treatments. However, I went in and had a very long talk with the Dr. He gave me all options but said the only sure way to fix everything was a hysterectomy. I was actually relieved because I could not imagine waiting out with all the pain for menopause!
I guess I felt the Hyst. was the best choice for me. It is definitely a personal decision but your Dr. should be able to guide you.....
Best of luck to you. I can really understand...
Unread 11-16-2002, 05:00 AM
hello and question

Well, went to the doctor yesterday. Starting sometime next week, I'll be on Lupron-Depot again for 3 months. What this drug does is send my body into menopause for the time I'm on it, including wonderful hot flashes, ick. Well, maybe those won't be too bad, as it has only been about 30 - 40 degrees outside lately, LOL.

Anyhoo, after that, my doctor said that we'd discuss the hysterectomy decsion. I told him yesterday that the child question has already been answered, as my DH and I decided a long time ago that we didn't want any. I also know that this may not solve my endometriosis problem, if, when my doctor does the surgery, he doesn't clean up all the endometrial lesions. But I am to the point where it's gotta be better than this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register