Newbie....Need Opinion **Child Mentioned** - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie....Need Opinion **Child Mentioned** Newbie....Need Opinion **Child Mentioned**

Unread 09-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Newbie....Need Opinion **Child Mentioned**

Your decision comes down to quality of life. You have to choose what works for you. Children can be adopted. I find that individuals who haven't had problems like us have no clue the humiliation from flooding, the pain, the anxiety from hoping you don't flood and all the emotional it takes out of you. People can be very uncaring and insensitive. You have to be a bit selfish, no I'm not saying asking that a one year old not be running around while you are recouperating is selfish it isn't, I am talking about how much of your life you've changed, altered and removed due to theseproblems.

I am highly sensitive to synthetic BCs. Have you tried Prometrium? It's natural progesterone. Now it would be a short term help while you decide. Maybe something to help out while you make your decision. Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2008, 03:34 PM

You are not being selfish at all. Pain is not a normal part of being a woman. Sometimes it can be hard for women who don't struggle with their periods to really understand what it's like for those of us who do. You should do what you need to do so that you don't have to live for what amounts to several months of the year in pain.
Unread 09-27-2008, 03:49 PM

I am 29. I had a LAVH on Tuesday. My mother was not supportive of it either. every time I would mention it she would say read the info I am mailing to you.. I had already read everything I could get my hands on and I knew the risks. I had already tried alot of the things in the info she sent but she is always to wrapped up in her life to listen when I tell her something. So when my surgery was rescheduled a week earlier I just sent her a text and I guess she figured it out that I would be having it no mater what her opinion. She did come to the hospital and she has called a few times to check on me but not what I wish she would do.
Unread 09-28-2008, 10:38 AM

I have tried really hard, but for the life of me, I just cannot understand the thinking of those family members, especially the female ones, who are not supportive of their daughters and sisters who are suffering so much that they are choosing to have a major operation.

What do you all think is behind this lack of support?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register