Not Scheduled what just happened??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what just happened??? what just happened???

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:36 PM
what just happened???

Hi sisters, I need some opinions. I go through a LOT of heavy bleeding and for months at a time. I've been dealing with it my entire adult life. My doc has tried several bcp's, different hormone treatments, d&c's, lupron shots, depo shots, and nuva ring. None of these things have controlled my bleeding. Back in March we decided the last resort choice was to remove my uterus. I've had a heck of a time getting scheduled for my surgery. I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday and suddenly she doesn't want to do the surgery! Since December I've had 2 breaks from bleeding- 1 for 2 weeks the other about 3 1/2 weeks. That's 5 1/2 weeks not bleeding in an 8 month period. I ended up in the emergency room twice because of serious pain in my left side & bleeding so heavy (going through 3 overnight pads in an hour). The ER doc even said "don't you think it's time to talk to your gyno about a permanent solution for this?" What do you suggest I do? It took me many years to find a doctor I'm comfortable with and don't want to switch, but I don't know if I have any other choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Re: what just happened???

I am really sorry to hear that you are having so many issues and now your doctor says no surgery. Did he/she give a reason why? I see your in the states, so I'm not sure why it should be so hard to get scheduled. I know in places like Canada they have a different system and non-emergency surgeries can have long waits. If you don't get a good answer from your doctor, maybe you do need to seek out a new one...I understand that is tough, but as you said bleeding all the time and the amount is not good for you either. Try talking to your present doctor again and if you can't get a positive response, please try a second, third opinion. You deserve to be healthy and have a better quality of life then it sounds like your having now.
Unread 09-04-2011, 08:22 AM

My doctor had issues about my age 28 with one child. How old are you? But after decussibg everything and there probably isn't an option for me to have anymore kids slim chance anyway we both decided this is the better route. Didn't want to wait and it turn in something worse. I would talk to her and if she still says no the go to another doctor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2011, 05:57 PM

That seems extreme to me that your doctor doesn't want you to have the surgery. My experience is almost just like yours, I've tried everything and I bleed as much as you said in your post. I was worried my doctor would try to talk me out of it, but he didn't at all. He said I'll probably feel great--better than I have in years.

It sounds to me like, even if you don't want to, you might need to find another doctor. It's not fair that you have to put your health on the line just to be loyal to a certain doctor. Your health should be the most important factor.
Unread 09-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Oh, I am so sorry! I have no idea why it would take so long to schedule a surgery here. I know it may be hard, but it sounds like you need to find a new doctor. I don't bleed anywhere near what you described and mine has only been happening for 10 months but my doc was so quick about getting tests done so you may just need someone that is more understanding of what you are dealing with on a daily basis. I wish you the best as you figure this out. Keep thinking positive thoughts and know that God will help you get through this.
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:54 PM

If you do go to get a second opinion, make sure you have a copy of your records. That way the new doctor will be able to look at what is already been done & won't put you threw the tests all over again.

Could it be an insurance issue, where they need to preform another test before they are able to do this?
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:01 AM

Thank you everyone for the great advice. You all said pretty much what I thought I need to do. I will attempt one more time to talk to my doctor and if I don't get anywhere I will go to a new doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register