Twinges, Aches & Pains for 4-5 weekers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Twinges, Aches & Pains for 4-5 weekers Twinges, Aches & Pains for 4-5 weekers

Unread 08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Twinges, Aches & Pains for 4-5 weekers

I don't know if this is normal, but I have an achy feeling with twinges and sometimes small spasms I am feeling right above my hairline. I had a vaginal assisted Hysterectomy and felt better at 2 weeks than at 5 weeks. Went to Dr. and she swabbed me for any V-infection, but there was none. She gave me a one time vaginal cream for infection anyway called Clindamycin Phospate. Now I am having a thick white discharge that looks like a yeast infection after using it (it was a white thick cream), although I have no itching or burning. I go back next week againn to see her for something else. Anyone experience these twinges and spasms? I also seem to have to go pee alot, but no burning with that either. Oh and she did say my stitches were not dissolved yet, they were there and she felt I was doing good. I have to deal with the swelly belly too... ick!
Just concerned so if anyone has anything similiar please respond. Thanks.

Carolina Lady
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2005, 10:30 AM

Hi Carolinalady62!

I also had aches, twinges & little spasms starting a few weeks after my TLH/BSO and this continued for about 6-8 weeks, diminishing slowly each week until it completely disappeared. I read earlier on this website that that was due to the internal healing. Not sure when my swelly belly disappeared. I still had it when I went back to work at 6 weeks and was so busy getting back into the swing of things, didn't even realize it was gone.....I think it was when I was about 10 weeks post-op.

At my 6 week post-op, my stitches weren't completely dissolved so my OB said no sex for another 2 weeks, and haven't seen him since. I go back in a few weeks for a check-up...so far so good.

It takes time, you're still early in your recovery. Take things easy, rest. My prayers are with your for a speedy recovery!
Unread 08-05-2005, 11:02 AM

I'm 5 weeks now and i'm having those same twinges, it's your body healing internally. But if it get's too much for you to bear, make sure that you call your DR.
I was worried too until I went to the DR yesterday for something else and asked him about it. He said that it was all the internal stitches healing. It's almost over...one day..we'll have the same issue with all the other sister about big stitches falling out scaring the crap outta us... ...I can't wait for that...
Hugz
Bernadette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2005, 04:26 PM

I am almost six weeks and just told my DH last night that I felt worse now than I did at 2 to 3 weeks. I feel like I have arthitus(sp) in my joints. My doctor did decrease my estratest last week so I thought it might be due to a decrease in estrogen. I am going to call her if I do not start feeling better.

Maybelline TAH/BSO
Unread 08-05-2005, 04:51 PM

I appreciate all these responses! Thanks so much for responding. My husband's boss is a woman and she said she also felt the twinges and spasms about 5 - 6 weeks post. I am not bleeding and the twinges and spasms only ache enough to bug me.

Even though my stitches hasn't dissolved my Dr. told me that I could have intercourse! Should I if I feel like it? I do want to add that I have an estrogen and testostrone implant just beneath the skin. That seems to being doing really good. I feel like my old self now that I have the right amount of hormones... I am not riding my broomstick anymore my hubby says. For those of you that feel like your hormones are not right, please do tell your Dr. so he/she can get them right for you.

Thanks Again!
CarolinaLady62
Unread 08-05-2005, 10:06 PM
clindamycin vaginal cream--did it work?

did clindamycin vaginal cream help you and did you get a yeast infection after it? What did you take it for? Are you better now? I am about to start the course of treatment. Anybody?
Unread 08-08-2005, 06:18 AM

Yes, the clindamycin vaginal cream did give me a terrible yeast infection within 2 days after I used the one time treatment. I used it to guard against infection where my stitches have not dissolved yet. My Dr. was concerned I would get an infection so she gave me an application of it and told me to use it. It was a one time treatment. I guess it will ward against infection, but I got the worst yeast infection within 2 days of the application. I took a Diflucan last night in hopes it will kill the yeast infection. Why was it prescribed to you if I may ask? I would go ahead and ask your Dr. for a Diflucan pill or something to prevent the terrible yeast infection that is one of clindamycin vaginal cream's side effects. Good Luck

CarolinaLady62
Unread 08-08-2005, 05:12 PM

This is going on my forth week and I sometimes feel worse than I did on the second week. I had a TAH. My incision is a slight bit infected, but the doctor said it looked good. And as for yeast infections and anything like that, time I came home I drank cranberry juice, and ate yogart. I did all the old wives tales so this would not happen to me.
Unread 08-08-2005, 08:20 PM

I am almost 6 wks out - TVH & BSO - encouraging to hear about the twinges/spasms, etc. I am experiencing them as well - had a lot of "discomfort" over the weekend but I was doing more than I had since the surgery. I actually took 800 mg of Motrin several times throughout the weekend - which helped. I am also experiencing the insomnia big time - which is frustrating. I am hopeful the "twinges" will disappear after reading others posts on this site.
Thanks for the starting this post -
sara
Unread 08-09-2005, 01:39 AM

Good news everyone!

I had all those twinges up until a week ago...I'm now almost 7 weeks after a TAH/BSO amd returned to work teaching high school kids yesterday. I was terrified everything would start to hurt again but so far so good.

I was extremely tired after my first day but slept REALLY well last night and felt fine today.

My next goal is to return to yoga next week. It's really discouraging when you feel bad at 4-5 weeks but it does get better!

Take it easy and happy healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register