Home After Op Full Day To Day Details Xxx | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home After Op Full Day To Day Details Xxx Home After Op Full Day To Day Details Xxx

Unread 04-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Home After Op Full Day To Day Details Xxx

WOW BACK HOME!!!
friday 13th day of op, woke feeling nervous confused and thinking this time tommorrow like you do.
Arrived at hospital 7.45gmt spoke to the nurses they was great, gave me a sedative to relax me as i was sooo worried like we most are, next thing i knew i was on way down to theatre.
THE AWAKENING.
awoke hearing nurses asking pain score 0-10 i groggy said i think 6-7, attached to a pain drip the incouraged me to press as much as i needed, before i knew it i was back down to 3-4 and snoozing.
I awoke properly at 2pm gmt, as was awake most of the day pain free with help of the meds.
SAT 14TH.
Woke feeling a bit tender as blockers from surgery had worn off so pressed my magic drug button and was rested again, had a bread roll and tea, didnt feel like eating but tried a little.
At 1pm gmt nurses took out the drug line and the saline drip but still gave me regualar pain killers, which at some times they was not needed after finding a comftable position, next i was helped up and showered wow that was a task (HEE HEE) But well worth the effort.
rested rest of day and slepted quiet a bit.
SUN 15th
Today was a bit of a set back for me, i had a few bleeds with clots not all have these but i was use to them with bad periods, it was nothing to worry about but, to me i was confused, they explained and set me off on iron tablets, which i had to make sure i took the lactuse for my bowels to make sure i did not get constipated.
MON 16th
Moved my bowels today wow weeee lol it was amazing the ease in my tummy after that, wind was wriggling round quiet a bit so i took small walks on way back from toilet, and steadily wind moved and removed.
I had a few hot flushes again today threw out the day, dr explained that even though i kept my ovaries, after all organs was removed and bladder and bowels and ovaries had been moved around they tend to stop working or not work as well for a few days till stomach settles back down.
I felt a bit sick hot and sweaty woke as if id been lay out sun bathing, but pain was very minimum infact i missed 2 lots of meds this day x
TUES 17TH
Today was almost the same as the day before only i felt a little down, i wanted to go home but didnt feel i had the energy to even get up, felt tearful and snappy, dr said this is just one of the bad days i will experience over few weeks of recoverey i was pleased i spoke about my feelings to nurses as it brightened me up afterwards.
WEDS 18TH
Today was day for having the staples out!!
I managed to eat my full breakfast today, 1 full weetabix not much but was a achievement for me as i not a great eater after surgery, drank my tea and went to the treatment room to have them removed, i found the 2 on the outside edges was a little tender but middle ones just felt a pull but to tell you truth it was nothing.
Afterwards it was amazing the movement was greatly improved, i went and showered and when i got back to my bed the dr was pleased enough for me to come home.
I got home about 12 noon, now this was a new thing, i tried to get settled in a few positions downstairs on sofa, but decided to go spend a relaxing day in my own bed magazines and a few cold drinks.
Got up 7pm gmt watched my soaps and enjoyed the time with family.
I had a luke warm bath which to tell you truth totally wiped me out, i find showers easier.
I woke at 4am early this morning with quiet a bit of pain, but bare in mind i had walked to car, to leave hospital, climbed my stairs 2 times and climbed in and out of bath all aided by my great husband, but those muscles we take for granted had been woken again, so i had a nice cup of tea, and took strong pain killlers slepted well, and am here to help you all with my full revue of my op, and to tell you truth i feel great today and going to take each day as it comes.
As for the pain i feared and the operation its self i think it is very well done my care was excellent, and so pleased to have had it done and my silly fears before yes was worth worrying about or we would not be human..
but was a lot better 100% better than i ever expected ty hyster for all your support xxxx

sharon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s hope this helps some along your journey xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 04:14 AM

Welcome home shazzray!! It is good for everyone to read about sisters visits to the castle and their safe return home. Wishing you a speedy and great recovery.
Unread 04-19-2007, 04:01 PM

Thanks Shazzray...this was really helpful to me. It helps with the nerves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 04:23 AM

your welcome hun any more questions you need to ask just ask away x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register