Beginning to get frustrated.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Beginning to get frustrated.... Beginning to get frustrated....

Unread 07-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Beginning to get frustrated....

My 6 week post op follow appt was this past Tuesday. I still had stitches that were removed and had silver nitrate applied where they were. Doc said I could resume all activities except sex. I didn't resume any activities, no sex, no vacuuming, no picking up anything that weighs more than a gallon of milk, didn't go to curves, so WHY am I bleeding????

I've spotted off and on for the entire six weeks with one day of passing two very large clots. I've been extra careful through this whole process because I don't have any time off at work. I had to take two weeks with no pay just to have the surgery.

Now I have to miss work in the morning because the doc wants to check in the bleeding. When is it gonna get better???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Re: Beginning to get frustrated....

I am not sure if you still have your cervix or not but I have heard if you keep it that you can still bleed. I am sure others will have a better ideas. Hang in there!
Unread 07-23-2009, 03:07 PM

Actually I was told that you could still have periods if you still have your cervix. Apparently there is some uterine lining in your cervix that will shed monthly but they are mini periods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2009, 03:41 PM

I spotted for six weeks, nothing major but it just kept on going. Every now and then I thought it was over, and it returned. My doc expected me to spot for six weeks and she definitely knew her stuff.

Most of my cervix was taken out (technically it is still in) and she said that it is very unlikely for me to get the dreaded mini periods. And I have not seen them. Life is just amazing with the monthly visitor!
Unread 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM

i assume since you have stitches, you had your cervix removed and have a vaginal cuff. it could be that its taking a little longer to heal or maybe the silver nitrate irritated it. i hope it stops soon for you.
Unread 07-23-2009, 06:34 PM

I do have the cuff cause he said that is what he was checking. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Unread 07-23-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm over six weeks,still bleeding,feel like crap today and also frustrated. At least I teach and don't have to be back at work untill the end of August.
Unread 07-23-2009, 07:33 PM

I am so sorry that you are feeling down. I had my cervix taken out and I bled a little but not six weeks out. I am thinking you still have cervix. Some people heal faster than others so don't get discouraged. Just realize you may need a little extra time. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register