Scheduled TVH pre op tomorrow what ?s should ask - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre op tomorrow what ?s should ask pre op tomorrow what ?s should ask

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Re: pre op tomorrow what ?s should ask

I pray I can say the same thing about the tubal being more difficult than the hysterectomy. I got an infection from my tubal. They will be treating me pre-operatively with antibiotics and postoperatively as a precaution due to my history. I just asked my last questions prior to my pre-op visit which included questions about Ibuprophen (my friend should be coming just prior to surgery... not looking forward to those cramps) I also clarified the insurance information. I knew about the bowel prep and a lot of the other questions that are typically asked as they have been previously covered. The hospital lists us as outpatient which is up to 24 hours initially as mine is planned vaginally. I also asked about the aunt flo interupting surgery which it won't. So I feel with my mind at ease for now. Good luck and try to take a deep breath. Definately write down the questions and any others you think of in the meantime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:58 PM

My pre-op was more about getting me registered, like doing all the check-in and taking care of the money end of things. They confirmed insurance, updated personal information and took my co-pay first thing, then did medical stuff - drew blood, chest x-ray, complete medical history, asked about all meds, including herbal supplements. They got ekg from my GP because he did it two weeks ago. The doctor and his nurses weren't there so my list of questions will go with me to the hospital in the AM. The nurse doing the pre-op interview said that I shouldn't sign the consent forms for surgery until I had asked the doctor some of the questions I had. They had told me it would take 1 1/2 hours, but it took less than 45 minutes. Oh, they also measured my legs for the thingees for circulation (air bootees). Don't worry, it's not bad. I was nervous though, too. It's normal.
Unread 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM

My lap surgery was 09/17 and my weight restriction was 10lbs until the third when it was increased to 15lbs. There is an area on this site with a great list of pre-op questions. I encourage you to be conservative in your activities. You will read about others who were up making dinner, grocery shopping, etc. the day after surgery and you will read about others who were in bed for weeks with terrible pain, please don't follow those leads...those are exceptions. The best advice given on this forum is to listen to your doctor and your body. Everyone's recovery varies. Before surgery you will want to make sure you have stocked up on TP, stool softener, something to drink in addition to water (not anything carbonated), something to read, something to watch, and what I found out the hard way...pants that fit. Only one yoga set fit--all else too tight into week three. I hope your surgery goes well and your recovery smoothly! Sister hug!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register