Newbie here, have questions! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie here, have questions! Newbie here, have questions!

Unread 12-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Newbie here, have questions!

Hello Ladies,
I was just wondering if anyone has had severe tail bone pain with any of their health problems which led to a hysterectomy. I have seen my fam. doc and he referred me to a gyn. I was telling him about the pain in my tail bone too and he said it could very well be related to the other problems I am having. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. I suspect a fibroid or tumor of some sort. Uterus is big enough for me to feel. Pain, clots, heavy bleeding, heavy feeling. Have appt. on Jan. 4th. My tail bone only hurts when I sit on it and can be almost unbearable after a short period of time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Christy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 01:50 PM

I do know that there is something known as "referred pain" which may be what you're experiencing. It's apparently more common than we realize.

Referred pain means that you experience pain NEAR (often in a joint) but not AT the actual location of the problem. For example, when a person has a heart attack, they often experience pain going up and down their arm, with or without chest pain.

So although it might sound bizarre that pain at your tailbone would be related to your other problems, it is actually possible! And you might also have something (uterus?) pressing on a nerve also contributing to the problem.

I am sure you are anxious to get to the bottom of the issue. I hope you can get some relief soon.
Unread 12-27-2004, 01:59 PM

Hi. I had tailbone pain, but it wasn't associated with uterine problems. What I had was called a pilonidal sinus. Don't ask me why we have a "sinus" near our tailbone, but that is what it is called.

I had an infection in it and ended up having to have it removed. The pain was described as very sore to sit down, standing a lot would hurt due to gravity and pressure. The pain was located at the base of my tailbone.

Not sure if this helps, but your GP should know about this problem. It may not be that, but I thought I would throw out the idea.

Good luck.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 08:40 PM

Thanks ladies,
My pain is right on the tip of my tail bone. I am baffled by this. You would think with the size of my rear, my tail bone wouldn't touch anything. That was a joke. I am just so tired of hurting in one way or another. I am anxious to find out what the cause of all this is and what my options are. My Dr. just didn't seem as concerned about the tail bone pain. Seemed to think it was the least of my worries. I was just curious as to whether anyone else had tail bone pain associated with the gyno problems. Thanks for your replies. And the hugs!!!!

Christy
Unread 12-27-2004, 08:42 PM

By the way MJD2491 was the pun intentional? I would so love to get to the bottom of things. Sorry, I couldn't resist!!
Unread 12-27-2004, 08:55 PM

No pun was intended. But I have a coworker who would be very proud of me -- he's a huge punster
Unread 12-27-2004, 09:07 PM

Me too!!! I love puns, unintentional and otherwise. Thanks for the laugh anyway. I am being way too preoccupied and serious lately. Just knowing that I have something growing in me and not knowing what it is is a huge drain. Not to mention the physical part of it all. 1 week out of a month feeling good stinks. But I am sure that you all know all about that so I will quit whining. My poor hubby is being so good at helping and trying to be supportive. I really appreciate him right now. And he has his own health problems to deal with. So anyway...... thanks for the laugh. That was really very good for an accident. Christy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register