how long pain with LSH/BSO - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how long pain with LSH/BSO how long pain with LSH/BSO

Unread 04-20-2007, 04:40 AM
how long pain with LSH/BSO

Lizzy320-

I also had different expectations. I thought I would be fine after a couple of days. The fact that it was "minimally invasive" distracted me from the fact it was "major surgery".

Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 08:28 AM

Lizzy,

Thank you for starting this thread as well as the ladies who responded to it.
I'm one of the lucky ones, had my LSH-BOS on April 6th, stayed in the hospital two days, and went home thinking I ws on thw road to recovery, although I was feeling terrible, I had two asthma attacks in the recovery room, bad ones I haven't had in years. Two days after being home I got a fever of 103 F, severe pains especially on the left incision which was terribly swollen, and bulging when I got up. It was huge, so I called my doctor who said come to the ER. I had to travel all the way back into the city. He examined me and said he thought it was a hernia. A CT-SCAN was done which revealed it was not. So I was given antibiotics and told to go home that the swelling would go away. Well let me tell you it got worse. The fever abd pain were worse so the next day I called again, and he told me to go back to his office.
My DH and I went all the way back to the Dr and he still couldn't figure out what was wrong. He suggested I go for an ultra sound, and he would give me the results the next day. I was so sick and in terrible pain, I wouldn't think of making the trip back to the city again the next day, so I told him to admit me to the hospital and do all the test the next morning. Boy did I need rest and sleep.
The next day the test was done and it revealed that there was a hematoma on the incision. Two hours later the doctor came in a drained it and sent me home.
I have been home for a week now and I am still recovering rather slowly may I add. I still have low grade fevers but only at night now, and the night sweats are awful. On thrusday I see the Dr, I still have a knob on the incision, and I hope he doesn't have to open me up again.
Ths whole thing has been somewhat of a nightmare for me. Sorry for the long story and thank you all for listening.
Ladies you are all right, we all do heal differently and it's still major surgery. I just wish Doctors would be honest and tell us this.
I had this procedure thinking my recovery could be quicker then a TSH-BOS. I was so wrong!
Take care, and I hope your recovery is going well.

Griselle
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:07 AM

I too had a hematoma and luckily mine has seemed to dissapate on it's own but the pain for weeks 1.5 was horrible. I was lucky it sounds.. Fevers stayed on for awhile. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri428
Lizzy320-

I also had different expectations. I thought I would be fine after a couple of days. The fact that it was "minimally invasive" distracted me from the fact it was "major surgery".

Sherri
a lot of websites state that its "pain-free" and outpatient surgery. i found them to be very misleading. i was lucky and had a very easy recovery but i'm glad my dr explained how major this surgery was on the inside before my surgery. i was also glad he gave me the option of staying in the hospital on pain meds for a few days. i think that helped my recovery once i got home.
Unread 04-26-2007, 06:29 PM

I am almost 3 weeks out and still having some pain. Some days are better then others. When I searched tthe web looking for side effects of LSH all I found was articles explaining the recovery was 2 weeks for most. I was so glad to come across this site because it made me realize that my pain was normal.
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:32 PM

I am 4 weeks post op, Generally feel really good but still tire easily. Wont be released back to work until the 7th at the earliest. Also started having pelvic cramps this week that I didnt have before, not really painful but very annoying. I believe it is the inner muscles starting to heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register