Under a great deal of stress - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Under a great deal of stress Under a great deal of stress

Unread 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Re: Under a great deal of stress

hope, it took a few minutes for me to absorb what I was reading (thought I might be still under the "twilight sleep" I had on Tuesday).

Congratulations and trust that we will be with you all the way. I know that it will take time for you to realize this is real. It took me time after so many delays, etc. as well.

We will be right there with you!!!!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Hope,

It seems so strange to see a date for your hysterectomy because I am so used to that being blank. Great news! I am so happy for you but do understand your fear also. Talk with the anesthesiologist because they can give you medicine during your surgery to help prevent nausea and vomiting. Good luck with everything. I am so happy for you!!!
Unread 10-15-2010, 03:52 AM

Fantastic!!! That is so great. I know you will be fine. And definitely let anesthestia know about problems so they can help with it.
I am so delighted for you.
Unread 10-15-2010, 08:02 AM

I'm so glad you've got a surgery date! I did have to re-read it before it completely sank in. Several other gals have already suggested talking to the Dr who will be doing the anesthesia, and I'm joining in to support their recommendation. You're among the top 3 ppl on my list and will stay there until you're well on your way to being totally healed up from all this.

October 25! Lucky you! Close enough to Halloween that most chocolate candy will be in bulk as well as on sale. Don't forget to keep some for you as well as some for the nurses. I'm so glad that you've finally gotten a date!!
Unread 10-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Dear Hope,

WAH-HOO!!! Hoooray for you and your surgery date! I too was really freaked out by the thoughts of being knocked out again (too many surgeries ended in nausea beyond belief and uncontrollable vomiting). I talked with my anestesiologist before surgery and explained that I was a light touch when it came to medications and that I had a tendency to be sick as a dog upon waking and for a couple days after. She said that she would put anti-nausea meds into me before I woke up and order continuing IV anti-nausea drugs for the next day. She did what she said and I felt fine post op. In fact, I was more comfortable after my TAH/BSO than after I had my gallbladder removed lapriscopically. The recovery isn't a joy ride through candyland, but honestly, I have had much worse recoveries. After the first 4 weeks time just flew by. My biggest milestones were 24 hours, 48 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks and then everyweek thereafter I felt better and better. Now I am trying to learn that having a hyster did not make me 'Wonder Woman' and I need to pace myself since I still get so tired.
I am excited for you to win your health back!! Hang in there, you'll do great.
Evangelina
ps> get some dvd on tv, it makes the recovery process go faster. I watched 7 seasons of NCIS, 7 seasons of Star Trek Voyager, 4 seasons of Psych and 3 seasons of Burn Notice. I am all ''tv-ed'' out.
Unread 10-16-2010, 02:55 PM

I am still feeling really exhausted from my AVM surgery. I take a nap whenever I can. Also, my belly even swelled up like a balloon and stayed around a couple of days. Thankfully, it has gone down now. It kinda gives me an idea how big my belly will be after my upcoming surgery.

However on the good news front, for some reason or another, I have lost 7 to 8 pounds since surgery. I have never had any type of surgery before and so feeling so wiped is a new experience for me.
Unread 10-17-2010, 03:55 PM

I am so happy that ordeal is over for you. I will be here for you as you continue your journey. Just have to take things one step at a time.
You will be in my prayers.

God bless and take care of yourself.

your hystersister,

Laurel

ralvh/bso 6/11/10 adenomyosis/ pelvic congestion/ endo
uae 1/12/10 adenomyosis Failed
8/09 and 10/09 embolizations for pelvic congestion Failed
8/07 Lap. for endo
3/200 lap for endo and ovarian cysts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register