venting....nervous....will I calm down??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

venting....nervous....will I calm down??? venting....nervous....will I calm down???

Unread 10-23-2003, 06:32 PM
venting....nervous....will I calm down???

Ok, so I called my doc's office today and they said she (the nurse practitioner) had called the surgeon's office and discussed my case with him and that they had faxed over my records. They don't have complete records yet cause I'm still waiting on the rest from Michigan but they have what should be enough. He was reviewing them and then would call them back then they'll call me. This waiting is driving me crazy. I'm so afraid something will go wrong and I won't be able to have the hyst done. I need to start submitting things to my insurance co. in case they try and deny anything. I know with my doc telling this surgeon that this needs to be done and him reviewing my records that he should say yes without a problem and my doc already told me that if he didn't we'd go with someone else but I just want to get things in motion. I want to get the consult over with and get a date and start preparing. I think once I get a date I'll calm down a bit. I've just dealt with nothing but female problems for so long and asked for this for so long that I'm afraid I'll be let down again. AHHHHHHHH!!!! Ok, so I needed to vent to you all for a minute, sorry!!! Do you start to feel a bit calmer after you get things scheduled or does it get worse? Right now I can't even sit still!!!
Thanks all,
Maggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2003, 06:47 PM

Yes, you will get calmer. While I was waiting for things to happen I felt like I wasn't doing anything about my problem. This in turn made me nuts. When I had appointments and stuff to do I felt better. Nervous, but better. The week before surgery I purposely planned things each day, so the day would be taken up and be busy. It helped a lot.
Unread 10-23-2003, 07:13 PM

You are wise to start the ball rolling with the ins. co. they can be a real pain!!! This is a stressful time....when you get the okay and the date for surgery you do feel better, then new concerns set in....all the ????'s that all LIW go through!!! But, as an officially crowned princess, three weeks ago, I can assure you once you wake up in recovery those fears are over and it is time to get on with your recovery to a new life! Which, takes time and a toll on you!! This is a very stressful and emotional time for any LIW to go through, I that you will have a PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! And, that things will go smoothly for you!!!!!! Keep us posted and try and stay busy and calm!!! It is so hard for this not to be the focus of everyday you are a LIW!!!!! Try and stay involved in something to take your mind off of it for a lil' while each day!!!

Ronda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register