Adenomyosis - pain everday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis - pain everday Adenomyosis - pain everday

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Adenomyosis - pain everday

I have now began to have pain everyday with this adenomyosis...I don't know what else to do for the pain. My gyn put me on lortab for a little while but that doesn't always help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Re: pain everday

I am so sorry you are dealing with pain every day.

Are you keeping a list of your symptoms that you can share with your doctor? Besides using pain medications, what else has your GYN suggested? Have you had a second opinion about your options?

We do have information about adenomyosis in our Resource Database that you might find helpful!

in there!
Unread 06-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Re: Adenomyosis - pain everday

No I have not had a second opinion...It took me four years to finally get them to check me. They had me thinking I was crazy. I am so lost I don't know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Hi KelKel

I had surgery in September to remove endo, but ended up feeling worse. I was ready to perform a hysterectomy on myself, the pain was so bad and was becoming unbearable. My gynocologist referred me to another gynocologist who only sees patients referred from other gynocologists. He is considered to be the best in my neck of the woods. Anyway, he put my on Lupron shots and add back estrogen while I waited for my hysterectomy. I had several concerns about the Lupron as there are many horror stories on the internet, but I was really at the end of my rope. I was warned by both gynocologists that initially I would be worse pain than I had ever experienced. Truthfully I could't imagine that, and the idea frightened me. I was afraid that I would be curled up in a fetal position as soon as I received the first shot. Anyway...I felt nothing for ten days, then experienced cramping for about ten days - but truthfully the pain was not ever as bad as the pain that I had been experiencing.

I can only speak to my experience, but the Lupron did help me. The pain decreased signicantly to almost nothing. I did not experience the menopausal symptoms because of the add back of estrogen.

Good Luck to you!
Unread 06-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Hi KelKel31,

I can relate. Adenomyosis is awful. I'm so glad that you were finally able to see someone who could diagnose this issue. It's unfortunate that it took so long...I can relate to that as well.

Since my hysterectomy I can say for the first time that I can recall, I don't have that deep aching, throbbing, bloating feeling any more. I noticed this immediately after surgery. That space feels empty. Hollow. You'd think this might be a bad thing, but it's not. I don't have the constant "awareness" of my uterus making me miserable. My uterus isn't compressing the nerves and my spine so that particular pain is gone. I don't have the pain in my groin, rectum, or shooting pains down my legs either.

I never did find anything that completely alleviated the pain that my uterus was causing. Robaxecet, T3, Motrin, and Advil Extra Strength were sometimes able to take the edge off (of course not all at once!!). My heating pad and hot baths got me through many bad days and nights. Hormonal treatments and procedures seemed to only aggravate my adenomyosis. Just speaking for myself of course. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hang in there!!
Unread 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM

I was in the same boat, Lupron did offer some relief, but most doctors will only allow 2 courses of treatment in a lifetime, a maximum of 6 months per course. In my case, the pain is almost back to pre-Lupron levels, and I'm on Depo Provera.
Unread 06-11-2010, 05:26 PM

I too have adenomyosis and am scheduled for my hysterectomy on Monday, June 14th. The last three months have also been providing me wth pain every single day! The only real help I received was an anti-inflamatory called meloxicam 15 mg. It hid the sharp pains, the feeling like my insides were going to fall out, and some of the dull back pain. It did not get rid of all of it, but it made it bareable. My female doctor did not give it to me my primary did. I do not do well with pain medicine, and this seemed to work. I am just now experiencing some heartburn. It can be very hard on your stomach, but it did enable me to finish my school year teaching.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register