TVH or TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-16-2003, 04:23 PM
TVH or TAH

I was just told on my 31st b-day that I will be having a TVH (but more likely a TAH due to 2 c-sections and other things that my doc lost me on). I am concerned about hormones, I am 31 years old. I have heard many cons on hormone therapy. What are the ods that I could do without the therapy? FYI, I am hypothriod and ADHD. Are there any links to help advise me??

Thanks,
M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2003, 04:30 PM
TVH or TAH

Hi!
Ask your doctor if he will be removing your tubes and ovaries along with your TVH/TAH. That is not always included in a hysterectomy. I am 32 and I kept both ovaries because they were healthy and I didnt have a history of ovarian cancer, plus I didnt want any part of HRT unless absolutely necessary. Natural hormones are much better than replacements if you are able to keep your ovaries. Talk to your dr about it and see what is right for you
Unread 06-16-2003, 04:40 PM
TVH or TAH

My doc suggested removed of ovaries, I had a tubal when I was 21 so I am just assuming that he will remove them as well. He did say that I have a choice to keep my ovaries, but he sees problems in the near future. I figured since I am there going thru all this might as well take it all...LOL. (Is that a bad attitude?) I am wondering about physical activity as well, I am a single mom with the closes family member 320 miles away. I am very active, I travel atleast one weekend a month, I teach a water aerobics class 3 days a week (still about 60 lbs over weight though, he he). I work 40 hours a week. My doc did say no driving for 2 weeks if I have TAH or 1 week with TVH. I forgot to ask him all the other questions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register