11 days post op question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days post op question 11 days post op question

Unread 05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
11 days post op question

I am new to this group and so glad I found this website! I am 51 and had a TAH 11 days ago. I also had the bladder surgery repair using the Gynecare TVT method. I feel pretty darn good but I'm experiencing some stinging burning sensation in a horizontal line that is about 2 to 3 inches above my incision. The incision itself doesn't hurt at all and is numb. Is this normal? I did vomit quite a bit the first night after surgery but didn't experience this pain until just recently. I'm just hoping it's not anything like adhesions or something worse. I have no fever and my incision looks great, no spotting either so hopefully this is normal. Any insight would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2006, 08:17 PM
11 days post op question

Welcome to the site!! You will make lots of friends here. I have had definite pain on my tummy, and I still have pain on the surface of my tummy. I have had various places of numbness, especially at the beginning (they have to sever nerves when they cut your tummy). My nerves are reconnecting now, oh joy, and I feel it. But in the beginning I had some serious pain around my incision and inside as well, and that is what those drugs are for. If you have any concerns you should definitely call your doctor's office, and even talk to a nurse. Otherwise, it doesn't sound too scary. But I am glad you are here!
Unread 05-08-2006, 08:48 PM
11 days post op question

I am 49 years old and had my surgery April 12, 2006. I also experienced the same burning and numbness sensation. I called the Dr.'s office and was told that it is very normal. I was told by my nurse that the tissues, muscles and all of that good stuff is healing. It has subsided and I don't feel the burning hardly at all. Actually, I went back to the ER because I thought that my incision was opening, since it was oozing. But it was not and was not infected, I was told by 3 different Dr.'s that it was normal. They explained that some tissue was healing much faster. I actually had a bump that looked like a lip in the center of my incision. It is almost all gone now. If it worries you, call your Dr. I know what you are feeling, Good luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register