Getting Ready! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Ready! Getting Ready!

Unread 06-02-2001, 06:17 PM
Getting Ready!

Hi Sisters,
Well, I'm in the home stretch - just nine more days until surgery. My iron level had been too low to donate blood until this week. Went this past Thurs. My appt. was 3:45, 30 minutes from my house. My son and I arrived at 3:30. By 4:15, I was beginning to wonder why the delay, so I asked. They didn't have me scheduled, and couldn't find my file. So, they called my Drs office. His nurse was on vacation, and the lady filling in, couldn't find my file either. Can you believe that!!! After much searching and calls back and forth from the Dr to the blood bank it was finally straightened out. They started at 4:35. The technician, after repeated warnings that I had wicked little rolling veins, blew the vein in my left arm. Ouchhhh! They never listen!!! A blood pressure cuff has to be used, and they have to go a little to the side of the vein. Anyway, she cleaned me up, and started to the right side, saying "Hmmm, hope we have better luck this time, or we will have to go to your leg!" Forgive me, but by this time, my last nerve had been plucked, and I not so politely informed her that, yes this would be her last attempt, and no she wouldn't go to my leg. She did it the way I told her (blood pressure cuff) and lo and behold, it worked. Go figure that I would know what I'm talking about. It's just my doggone body! Anyway after she got a pint, she clamped the tube off, and removed the bag. Unfortunately, she neglected to clamp the tube tight enough and yep, you guessed it, I was bleeding all over the floor. Probably got nearly 1/2 pint on the floor. Bad technician! Well, we cleaned me up again, and after I got over being dizzy and nauseous, son and I left the blood bank at 5:45 for the 30 minute drive home. Well, if one pint isn't enough if I need it, I'll just go the old fashioned community blood route. Praying that I won't need it at all! I have been cleaning to beat the band. Washing curtains, cleaning blinds, catching up on laundry and rearranging closets. Finished my room tonight. I want to scrub the floors next week. My Mom-In-Law (love her to death) lives across the street and will most likely be popping in and out to help out. DH wanted to rearrange the bedroom but I didn't think that was necessary. I think I will forgo the bed wedge (unless highly recommended) but will rent the hospital table tray for a month. I have been walking 1 mile everyday for the last 5 weeks and am getting myself in better shape. Dropped about 30 pounds. Hoping all this will help my recovery. Not the least bit nervous now. Last week, I overdid, and pain was bad, so I'm looking forward to having the offenders out! I seem to have more pain after "loves" Really deep pain, not so much during, but just after. I've missed chatting with yall, but it seems like we've been going non-stop around here. I go for pre-op with Dr. and pre-op at the hosp. on Monday. Got my question ready! Have been packing little at a time. Good news is that since dropping 30 pounds, I don't need to buy bigger undies!
How many other princesses rincess: will be crowned on June 11th?

Hugs, Sandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2001, 06:25 PM
In th Home Stretch

Hi Sandi,

Read your little journal....haven't been thru that but i'm headed for the castle on the 13th.....i have pre-op with doctor on Monday at 845am...what a day to start your day.

Anyway, nervous here but excited at the same time looking forward to getting back to a normal life after recovery from surgery....have been in pain and miserable for too long now.

I'm having a complete hysterectomy, cysts, fibroids, etc. etc....constant bleeding....been bleeding for 4 weeks non-stop now so i'm pretty much over this stuff.

Well i wish you luck and will keep you in my prayers and look for your comments after surgery....we'll only be a few days apart so maybe we can help each other thru this.

God Bless..
angie
Unread 06-02-2001, 07:30 PM
Getting Ready!

Hi Sandi-- Haven't heard from you lately. CONGRATULATIONS
on the 30 pound weight loss. YOU GO GIRL !!!Sending prayers for you-- you will do great !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register