My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned) My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned)

Unread 01-24-2008, 08:06 AM
My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned)

Please take care. You and your family are in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 08:14 AM

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!! Take care of yourself and dont be afraid to ask for help from you friends and family.
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM

Dear LuvMyABs,

The right words to write elude me right now, but the Lord knows our groanings and our anguish. There is not one tear that falls that He does not know about. I am praying that He will carry your family through this difficult time. Sleep when you can, bring a blanket from home to pad that cot. That is right where I would be too.

Blessings,

kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Oh, honey.... I am praying for you and you family. This much stress can be such a strain.
Unread 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM

Praying that all will be well with you and your family!(Both of you!)
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:34 AM

Hoping you all receive nothing but good news healthwise from here on in!
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:47 PM

Yay Sisters! Prayers do get answered No surgery today. The CT scan looked good, and the Dr thought about it. We will keep in contact daily after discharge. He walked many laps around the PICU today and is acting more like himself(bored lol). He will probably not be discharged til Saturday, but I will take it! I will be so happy to have him home even if he is 17.
Thank you so much for all the prayers and support.
I opened my my mouth to my OB/GYNs NP that the hot flashes/night sweats were do able. Ok the past two days have been horrible! I want my hormones back! Too bad I will have to do with out. She did mention progesterone or ADs. I will give them a call tomorrow. I have been taking my jacket off/on and wanting to strip every 20 minutes. CRAZY! Guess my "fluff" storage is gone.
My Mom was applying her Estrogel after her shower this evening. I was quite jealous and wanted to rip it out of her hand. I think I drooled and missed my hormones. We giggled pretty hard after that. I never thought I could really crave estrogen. Can I have my yucky ovaries back please?
Unread 01-25-2008, 06:21 AM

What wonderful news! I hope your son continues to get better. Funny about the hormones. My dr. gave me a shot of deprovera to help with the night sweats, etc. I haven't had any but I've had a migrane for 6 days now and I really think it's got to be from the shot. So....no estrogen for me either...and once this shot wears off (12 weeks??? oh man...) I don't know what the next step will be.

Continued well wishes for ALL your family.
Unread 01-25-2008, 06:50 AM

So happy for your family and son...your still better off without your yucky ovaries.....now I know why my grandmother used to walk around in her slip..... thought she was odd, was probably menopause....rejoice in your personal summers...maybe it cuts down on the heating bills... - Suzyq
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:03 AM

Dear LovMyABs,

That is GREAT news, yes He does answer our prayers! Let's keep the drs baffled with continued prayer for your whole family's permanent healing for the present conditions.

I wonder if the hot flashes increased in severity due to the stress levels you have been experiencing? I think I would ask my dr on that one. (I've put it on my list for my next appt!)

Blessings!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register