HRT questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HRT questions HRT questions

Unread 11-27-2003, 05:09 PM
HRT questions

Hi,

It's been a long time sence I've posted. I guess I thought once the surgery was done I'd be just dandy. And well, I am mostly...haha. I just have some nagging questons and my male dr. is usually a joker so I hesitate to discuss them with him without some prior knowledge. I'm on 0.25 Premarin everyday and he suggested I go to everyother day if my hot flashes were ok and that if I could stop HRT I could use something else (??) for bone density and vaginal dryness, but I've not followed up with him due to a very hectic schedule.

1. HRT and weight gain. I've always had some weight issues through out my life, but now I think things are just shifting to the middle more than before. I also had a tummy tuck so I think that helped to shape my middle with the fat storage ending up there instead of the pouch that used to be there.

2. Sex drive. It's not that I don't have one, just not like it used to be and I wonder sometimes if it's due to performance anxiety on my part. Again, is this hyster, HRT or tummy tuck. I just have lost so much sensation that it seems like an awful lot of work for very little. Does that make sense? I feel like sex is work now not fun. I think I was a uterine contration lady and that of course is gone and in general when I do have an orgasm it's not the same (the earth barely moves anymore). I just hate to even think of having sex because it's disappointing.

I'm just shy of 4 months post op and truly do feel so much better without the ovarian cysts and heavy bleeding not to mention to two week cycles and mood craziness. I just miss somethings in my life. I don't really have hot flashes, but do get over heated at night and sometimes at work. I do know that anything warm, makes me warmer! I don't know is this how it is........am I just looking for problems where there are none?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2003, 06:47 PM
HRT questions

I think you are still recovering from your surgery.Relax and talk to your doctor about your concern.
Unread 11-28-2003, 12:29 PM
HRT questions

Sunkat,
My experience was that during the first year or so post op my body was going thru many changes. Some of the things I noticed were the inability to lose weight, a thickening around the middle and being much warmer than normal.

However, as I moved farther away from my surgery date and closer to hormonal balance all those symptoms went away and I found myself returning to normal. Well as normal as a 40 year old in menopause can be. I've lost the excess pounds I had put on pre hyst, my waist is back to its usual size and I no longer have to break the bank to pay the a/c bill.

There's some great info in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2003, 12:37 PM
HRT questions

Hi Sunkat

Some of us do notice a difference in sexual response following this surgery. When the ovaries are removed it's not uncommon for our testosterone levels to plummet (thus effecting sexual response). You might want to ask your doctor to check your testosterone levels, especially free testosterone. If those levels come in low---some compounded testosterone creme can give significant relief.

Hope some of this helps. It does take a while to balance out, and figure out what our bodies need.

's
Unread 12-04-2003, 07:47 PM
HRT questions

BOY DO I FEEL LIKE I'M WITH YA ON THIS.... I'M NEW TO THIS SITE, BUT I AM 2 YEARS POST-OP. I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HAVING FEELING OR EVEN DESIRE TO HAVE SEX. IF YOU FIND OUT ANY NEW INFO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. OR IF ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAS HAD THESE EXPERIENCES PLEASE CHAT..

// HAD TAH ON 9/18/01,DUE TO ENDO,OVARARIAN CYSTS.IN PAIN SINCE MY TEEN YEARS..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register