Orgasms after surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasms after surgery Orgasms after surgery

Unread 12-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Orgasms after surgery

Darend:
If you think about how those BMs hurt, well something will be going to the same place during intercourse. That would hurt also, at this stage of the game! That is what my doctor said, that I wouldn't want to do it right now anyway, because of how much it would hurt! Better to wait and have it be a pleasant experience
I will be hoping that things in that department go on to be way better for you once your innards settle down a bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Orgasms after surgery

My orgasms feel different (not better or worse) now. Occasionally I'll have trouble reaching orgasm, but usually my response now is much faster than before!

However, my sex drive has changed -- and I kept my ovaries and they're still working. I used to have a pretty high sex drive, and now it's very different. While I still enjoy sex a great deal, I don't crave it the way I used to, which is a little bit strange but doesn't really bother me.

Hope this info helps.
Unread 12-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Orgasms after surgery

I had great, intense orgasms before surgery and directly afterward, they were very, very weak. Although they have improved somewhat, they are just not as satisfying where you have that total "spent" feeling afterwards. It's been about 1 yr 8 mths since my surgery and I have to say I'm extremely angry and disappointed that neither of the two (male) doctors that I went to told me this might happen. It's extremely frustrating how little is known about female anatomy in this day and age. This surgery was one of the biggest mistakes of my entire life!!! Sorry for venting.

Regretful
Unread 12-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Orgasms after surgery

I have always been a very sexual person, but to be honest with you ladies-because it's nice to be able to be honest about this-I never had orgasms unless it was orally stimulated, or I stimulated my clitoris during intercourse, or of course, I just took care of things, myself. But, that didn't stop me from loving sex-I was very afraid when I had my hyst. that things would change. I was very happy to find that I had orgasms left and right and very quickly for the first few months after my hyst.!! After that initial first few months, the "quickness" kind of went away, but the intensity kept up, and while I agree with another Sister that orgasms without a uterus are Different, I find them very satisfying! I had a BSO in July 2004 and was really really scared that losing my ovaries would kill my sex drive..menopause at 32. I am pleased to say that I am still a walking hormone and my husband and I still have sex every night. Even when I was on my last round of chemo and radiation, I found myself thinking about sex. I don't know, maybe I am just a freak! I really hope that you other Sisters who are experiencing difficulty and/or having to wait are soon free from all of this and are enjoying happy, healthy sex lives again-or maybe even for the first time-especially those of you who have had painful conditions in the past. Oh, one thing all of my surgeries has even taught me to really enjoy-being on top! I used to worry that I wasn't doing "it" right up there--apparently, there really is no wrong way

Christy
Unread 12-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Orgasms after surgery

Still as good as ever, maybe even better, just because my drive has increased dramatically! My husband said I should have done this years ago. Before surgery, I was looking for excuses, now I'm ready anytime!
Unread 12-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Orgasms after surgery

My sex drive is definitely different since the surgery. It's not that I'm not interested in sex it just takes longer for me to get there. Hope that makes sense. The orgasms are different too. Less intense isn't really a good description.
Unread 12-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Orgasms after surgery

I just have to say WOW!!!!!!!! I always enjoyed sex before and since I got the green light it has been amazing! The first time was yucky but it has been so great every time since that!!!!!!! I was very worried that it would feel different ir that I wouldn't be able to have the bigO but since I don't hurt anymore it is so much better!!! I didn't realize how much pain I was in before the surgury until we started again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register