Soooo Much pain...I can't take it anymore | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Soooo Much pain...I can't take it anymore Soooo Much pain...I can't take it anymore

Unread 02-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Soooo Much pain...I can't take it anymore

I am at a stand still...I have been in steady hard core pain for ....since the 24 of Jan. before then I had about a week of dull pain, before that i had 2 months of solid pain. This has been an ongoing thing since Aug. Sept I started complaining, Oct I went to see a doc. It took until Jan 28 to see a GYN, and in the midst nothing is working for pain. Not Ponstan- t3 or emtec. I can't sleep because I need a heating pad 24/7 or I have MAJOR labour feeling pains in lower ab & back. My joints & torso freakin hurt. The last 3 days I have had a headache that wont go away..... I....am a walking mess I feel like going to the hospital....where theywill do nothing ....and not moving till they move me into a surgery bed....Why does everyone act like this is nothing...the nurses drive me NUTS!! Where I am from, nurses are RUDE....95% of them act like your inconveniencing them. The answer....still no one can help. Waiting my 8 weeks or pray to be called in on the cancellation list....

sad& hurting

Shirley
our health system is horrible!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 12:35 AM

Hello, I am so sorry you are hurting and can definitely empathize with what you are going through. I started having pelvic bone pain before New Year's then developed right ovary pain. I waited weeks to seek help because I lack insurance. When I finally did, it was assumed I had an ovarian cyst. Ultrasounds revealed multiple cysts (cervix and both ovaries), plus enlarged uterus with multiple fibroids, two of which are fairly large. Three weeks ago, I began having severe sciatica on the left side and found out one posterior fibroid is pressing on the nerve. I have never gone through a pregnancy (I am 46 now), and my uterus is equivalent to that of a 10-week pregnant woman's. I honestly have no idea how women get through full-term pregnancies! Nor have I ever had PMS or bad periods, not even severe cramps. My doctor prescribed Vicodin and 500mg Ibupofren, as no OTC drugs helped. Anyone who tells you this pain is tolerable or that you're exaggerating has no idea what you're going through. I am blessed to have a very caring man who rubs my back and even helps me put on or remove socks and shoes on really bad days. Right now I am trying to figure out how to pay for surgery- planning on having in late March. He thinks I should have it ASAP, as he doesn't know how I can live like this for another month. I am new here, but please know that you are not alone and I hope you get the help you need quickly.
Unread 02-19-2008, 07:24 AM

Oh sweetie, please don't worry about inconveniencing anyone. Go to the hospital and get help if you need it

I'm sorry that you've had to deal with nurses that have treated you poorly. Hopefully you will get a good compassionate one next time.

I hope that you can get your pain under control, I know how that can really wear you out

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 07:51 AM

Oh, I am so sorry you're in so much pain right now!

I know it feels good, but please don't have a heating pad on too much. It can burn the skin and lead to permanent nerve damage. Perhaps a soak in a warm tub would feel good, yet not be direct heat on the skin?

Pain is so exhausting, and I can see that you're really at your wit's end. There's not much else you can think about when you're hurting.

As the other (((sisters))) said, please don't give up. You deserve to feel better. I hope you get some good answers soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register