Scar tissue after TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scar tissue after TAH Scar tissue after TAH

Unread 04-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Scar tissue after TAH

New to the forum, but i am hoping that someone is dealing with this problem like i am or is my doc. full of it. I am 31 and had my surgery on Jan. 6, 2010. I do have on ovary and half of my cervix. I returned back to work on Feb. 24th full time and everything seemed to be going fine. My husband and i decided to try to have sex again. Got almost done and here comes the pain. Severe pain in my kidney area and lower abdominal area. It was like i just had the surgery again. Went to docs next morning. He examined me and stated i had a bacterial infection. Was prescribed metronidazole. Went back 7 days later, still not fully recovered and he put me back on same meds for 7 more days. Started to feel normal again until 4 days ago. Same story as before and same pain. Went to the doctors again. This time he stats....the scar tissue around my cervix is hard and has not formed properly yet. Causing the pain and discomfort that i am having. I will explain to you all like i explained to him. My husband and I have had sex many times since my surgery, just so happens the pain came the two times in question. He told me there are two ways to correct this, one is surgery to cut and form the scar tissue and the second was meds. I took the meds and i will see him again in 4 weeks to see the progress. He put me on Vagifem. He stats that hormones help to make the scar tissue soft and will help my body form (shape) the scar tissue.
Any suggestions or comments would be helpful. I can honestly say i have no idea. This is my first ever surgery, so i do not know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Re: Scar tissue after TAH

Sorry to hear about this. I am only one week post-op, so just don't know yet if I'll have complications like this. This scar tissue - is this the vaginal cuff they made during the hyst? I own one of those now.
Unread 05-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Re: Scar tissue after TAH

Can i asked i really dumb question....what is a vaginal cuff? According to doc i lost the half of my cervix that was closer to my uterus and thats the scar tissue that is giving me problems.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register