Weepies even with ovaries.....Normal?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weepies even with ovaries.....Normal?? Weepies even with ovaries.....Normal??

Unread 06-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Weepies even with ovaries.....Normal??

Greetings sisters,
I'm about 12 days post op from a TVH and was able to keep both ovaries. During my recovery period I've had a couple of weepy breakdowns. I've read a couple posts where people have mentioned that it's probably due to the stress of surgery. I'm happy to say mine was fast and boring according to my doc. I've been thru multiple surgeries (a few that we're more traumatic to the body than this) before but never with this result. Saw my doc today for my first post-op check and mentioned this to her. She said that the blood supply to the ovaries has been reduced by half and will eventually compensate but may take some time. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, any coping skills and/or vitamins that may help? Just trying to keep my sanity and keep my DH from running towards the hills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Re: Weepies even with ovaries.....Normal??

I had that problem. I kept my ovaries too. I have read on here that they sometimes go into a bit of shock. Mine leveled out between 4 and 5 weeks.To keep your DH from running for the hills, bite your tongue when possible, and cry a lot in the bathroom. lol I tried to hide my crazy hormone fluctuations as much as possible. DH was doing such a fantastic job taking care of me and the house, I didn't want to sabotage it by driving him away. He doesn't handle tears too well!! Keep your chin up, and this will pass soon.
:cathugs:
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:43 PM

I was on zoloft and still had crazy mood swings. They only lasted a few weeks, accompanied by hot flashes. We finally noticed the pattern so he'd find somewhere else to be when they were coming on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2012, 07:57 PM

Hello! I am 13 days post op TAH and started getting teary about a week ago. I actually posted this question earlier but then remembered an article I read that said that our uterus supplies the blood to half of the ovaries so when it is cut off it can take some time to get back to normal blood flow and it could be a full cycle before things normalize. The person who responded to my question reminded me of this and it relieved me- it is very unsettling. I am crying at everything. I hope it helps you to at least know it should pass!
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:31 PM

I have a question- has anyone else had difficulty with family? My 16 year old daughter is acting out a lot more, and while my husband is doing all the chores, all he does is complain about how hard this is on him. I don't feel like I can depend on them at all for any emotional support, and they both need me more than ever and are angry about it - help - I feel so alone
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM

acopswife...yep the crying is normal hopefully temporary. my surgery was day before yours and i had my first hotflash about a week into recovery. i was hoping to be spared the crying but NOPE! i was just crying a few minutes ago about not being able to sleep. my first post op checkup is tomorrow and i sure hope doc has a solution!
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM

(Sorry, thought I was in my date club thread. Oops!)
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:16 PM

I had that (and acne too) for the first 6 weeks. My doc said it could take a bit of time to level out.

However in my case it seems my 1 remaining ovary is just not up to snuff and he is going to put me on a low dose of hormones. He said sometimes that happens that it is just not at the level you are used to and you get the menopause symptoms.
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Both ovaries, I still am weepy after six weeks tomorrow, it's a welcome release.

I haven't been more angry.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Weepies even with ovaries.....Normal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
I have a question- has anyone else had difficulty with family? My 16 year old daughter is acting out a lot more, and while my husband is doing all the chores, all he does is complain about how hard this is on him. I don't feel like I can depend on them at all for any emotional support, and they both need me more than ever and are angry about it - help - I feel so alone
I am sorry you are going through this. I wanted you to know you are not alone. My 8 yr old daughter is acting out alot more too. She is being very mean to all of us and over-reacting to everything! She even tried to run away to my moms who lives the street behind us. My dh took her on a daddy daughter date last night so hopefully that will help. My dh has been lazy the last few days and acting like he was doing everything. I had an infection and was extra sick on top of recovering and I even did a little tidy up the place and a light load of laundry. I finally lost it last night and told him he didnt care and i hated him for it, probably a bit harsh but i wanted my point to be made. He woke up this morning in a great mood (he had been moody the last few days 2) and has been great with the chores and kids. My dh and dd were fighting all wkend. Sorry for the long post, i just wanted to let you know you arent alone and vent a little myself. Hope things get bettet for you. Hugs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register