5days post op not feeling better yet - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5days post op not feeling better yet 5days post op not feeling better yet

Unread 09-02-2006, 07:02 PM
5days post op not feeling better yet

My surgery was the 30th, so about 3.5 days out. I just passed a very little amount of gas for the first time. No signs of anything more. I did have to do bowel prep the day before, so there was nothing in my system, not sure if you did because my doc says he doesn't for most of his normal hysts. I am ready for some sign things will be working again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2006, 07:45 PM

Hi. I am relieved to say, that for the most part, bowels ( unbelieveable gas pans etc.)have finally settled down after 2 weeks. Like many I am frustrated in doing next to nothing. Going from 90 mph to 0 mph is very hard. It's so reassuring to know tht others are and have been experiencing the same things you are feeling. You are all in my prayers.
Donna
Unread 09-02-2006, 08:09 PM

Krycket, the first week was tough for me too. I was up and down just about hourly. At about 1 1/2 weeks I woke up one day and felt amazing. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks now and feel very very well. I think you'll be surprised how suddenly the feeling good will hit you. Just don't go crazy overdoing things when you have your first feel good day. Just cuz you feel good doesnt mean you need to max it out. Rest and drink lots of water. Seriously, you're only a few days away from waking up feeling like a new person. You'll be so surprised when it happens. Good luck!
Unread 09-03-2006, 06:48 AM

I am a month post-op and just started feeling like I am on the upswing within the past week. All systems are functioning normal, I am back on my regular walking schedule and my incision site, while tender, isn't as noticeable as previous weeks. I just started using vitamin E oil on my tummy, massaging the muscles and the site to help stimulate healing.

I was also very active prior to my surgery and had a VERY hard time sitting still to manage the healing but you HAVE to do it. Yes, you don't feel right, you just had major surgery, and your body will need time to re-adjust. I ate a lot of yogurt and kefir every day for the gas and diarrhea- beneficial bacteria really, really helps but be sure to get a natural variety, not a sugary one. Use a gel ice pack on the incision for pain and bloating, it really helps too. Elevate your legs too and rest, rest, rest and rest some more. Drink tons of water and eat soft, easily digestible foods. Although I could "feel" the difference after my surgery (my uterus was the size of a 16-week pg and even the afternoon of the surgery I told my H. that I could tell the difference) I did not "feel better" for several weeks. And remember one other VERY IMPORTANT THING!! When you do start to feel a little better, you are still not healed. Take as much time or even more than the doctor recommends and don't try to be superwoman even though you are feeling like you can. Listen to your body- I feel really, really good now but can still tell when I am overdoing it. You will be better in the long run if you take the time now to heal properly. Your activity level will come back and you will have more energy to burn but be patient. This is your time and you need to enjoy it.
Unread 09-03-2006, 01:45 PM

I had mine aug 24, still not feeling myself. tired, irregular, swelly belly. But lots of steps in the right direction. Sleeping good, appetite almost all back, putting make up on again, no more pain pills or motrin. I guess it gets a little better every day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register