Ten days post-LAVH - am I overdoing it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ten days post-LAVH - am I overdoing it? Ten days post-LAVH - am I overdoing it?

Unread 10-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Ten days post-LAVH - am I overdoing it?

Ok so I had my sergery on the 1st of october... lavh. Well recovery seems to be going well.. Well I feel like it is going well at least but I am freakin out! I keep reading all these dos and donts.... well I am a single mother of a 2 and 5 year old boys. Well anyone that would meet a 2 and 5 year old together would see thatyou dont have the ability to just sit and get well. So as of saturday the prosses seemed to go quickly i cleaned the house on sat. on monday up and down the stairs to my sons bus stop i have been doing what i felt was ok.. my doc pretty much said if it hurts dont do it.. so thats what i have based my recovery on.... what now... i am freakin that i am hurting somethin! how do i know i am over doing it???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2008, 11:36 PM

Hi destiny123 and

It's great having you as a member of Hystersisters.com! It sounds like you are doing very well so far during your early post-LAVH recovery!

No matter what you read on the site, and no matter what anyone knows tells you...the "gold standard" regarding your surgery recovery is what your doctor tells you. As indicated throughout the pages of Hystersisters.com...the content of this website is not intended to replace the advice of your personal physician. If your doctor told you "if it hurts don't do it" and if you aren't hurting then I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

My best advice to you is to listen to your body. Try to take it easy and

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 10-12-2008, 11:21 AM
i am confused

i really am ready to cry due to not knowing if i am overdoing it! my docs discharge instructions were if it hurts dont do it so thats what i have been doing. 10 days post op and the pain is less that at pre op time. i feel great taking care of the kids is a breeze i actually feel like i have more patiens than before. but all this about dos and donts is scarin the crap out of me. should i not do it even if i feel ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2008, 11:28 AM

Hi Destiny,
When I had my TVH I felt the same way. I did just about everything except lift over 10 pounds and vacuumn, thats all the orders I had following surgery...oh and no baths for the 6 weeks. If I started to feel tired I would stop and take a break but I found I really wasn't getting tired so just continued my normal routine. Just listen to your body and if you get tired take a rest.
Hope this helps you some. Take care
Unread 10-12-2008, 12:35 PM
????

see my doctor relesed me and said " they will tell you no baths for 2 to 4 weeks... but I am telling you it is ok. and he never said no vacuming.. i vacumed 4 days after sergery.. should i worrie i am messing some thing up or just be thankful that i am recovering well?
Unread 10-12-2008, 06:29 PM

I would just be careful since you do have internal stitches up in there. It wouldn't be to comfy if you tore one and had to go back for a nitrate treatment. I had to have one due to driving to soon....from climbing in and out of my truck....my OB said I could drive at 2 weeks so I did and ended up back in the hospital for the weekend so the tear could heal.
As for the baths....she told me not to sit in the water since it can get up inside and cause infection, since it is dark in there. I don't normally take them anyway so I didn't mind that part but swimming was out as well and that was hard since I had mine in June and its really hot here then.
I wish you well in your recovery and just take it easy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register