When will menopause begin | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will menopause begin When will menopause begin

Unread 01-13-2010, 09:26 AM
When will menopause begin

Hi, This is my first time ever writing in a forum. I had a complete hysterectomy Dec 28, 2009. Am wondering when or if menopause symptoms will begin. Haven't noticed anything yet except I feel pretty good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Re: When will menopause begin

That is great you don't have any symptoms. Everyone is different, and sometimes a few symptoms may show up after a couple of months, or maybe not.

Hope you continue to feel great!

Sue
Unread 01-14-2010, 04:36 PM

It"S so great that you are feeling well! I too had everything removed and began to have hot flashes about 3 days post op. Taking HRT and am down to a couple of hot flashes a day but nothing horrible. I am more emotional now than I have ever been - cry at the drop of a hat. We're all different so you may not have any symptoms! Best recovery to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2010, 02:45 PM

I am almost at 6 wks in my recovery and hot flashes started for me at about 2 wks. Some days I don't really have any problem or they are really mild. Then there are days that are really annoying. If it doesn't get much worse then this I can probably handle it. I will see my dr. on the 29th and ask her some questions.
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:19 PM

I'm 28 years old, & I had my ovaries removed this past October. I began having hot flashes about 3 weeks after surgery. And believe me, if you get them, you'll definitely know it Good luck!
Unread 01-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Like nurse07 said, if you had them you would know. I tried HRT in the beginning and then stopped only to start again within a week because the hot flashes and night sweats were horrid. Then I was on HRT for a couple months and stopped again last month. I decided that I want to try and go it alone so I dont have to be on hormones for the next 15 years (I am 36 years old now). Stopping again it got bad but has subsided. Hopefully your body will deal well without the hormones. I dont know how many people have gone without HRT and had no symptoms but I am sure some have.

Good luck to you!
Unread 01-16-2010, 04:45 PM

My hot flashes started two days after surgery. My Doc has me taking Birth Control Pills so the Progesterone can "burn off the remaining Endo". I really did not want to keep taking birth control but hopefully it will not last long. I am down to night sweats. Some days are better than others. Hope you never see any symptoms since you feel so good

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register