LSH differences with clearance for work LSH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

differences with clearance for work LSH differences with clearance for work LSH

Unread 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Re: How long were you off from work ??

I was supposed to go back after 3 weeks but was not ready
I went after 4 full weeks off
I have now worked 1 full week and I am very tires when I get home
I only have a desk job but very demanding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2013, 03:50 PM

I'm not being released until 12 weeks.. Mainly because I also had my hernias repaired and I have a very demanding job (I'm a waitress at a high volume restaurant).. My docs want to make sure I am 100% healed and then some. I have 8 weeks of leave left, and I am scared outta my mind. I'm still so so tired after doing a lot, which right now just doing light housework is a lot. I'm sure it will be better the farther out from surgery I get. Plus I think my anxiety has a lot to do with it.
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:53 PM

I went back after 5 weeks to a desk job (but the head of my dept.). I think I could have stood at least another week. But, thankfully, I had help and could take it a little easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:27 PM

I went back yesterday part-time (6 hrs) at 11 days post op. I won't lie, it did knock me on my rear end a little. My dr would have let me stay out longer, but end of the month is very difficult and this weeks schedule is very light so I decided to go back and get my feet wet. My mistake yesterday was in getting up from desk to much yesterday. Today I stayed at my desk more so it was better and I was able to stay a little later. Mi am hoping that each day I will be able to build on my time. Take it easy and don't over do and I bet you will do fine.
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:07 PM

I was only off a week after my LAVH. It was extremely rough. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. Guess my Dr was an overachiever and thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I am 3 weeks post op and I'm finally starting to feel better.
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM
differences with clearance for work LSH

I am specifically interested in what all of you all with a LSH, uterus removed with several fibroids, kept both ovaries, experienced for work clearance

I am 8 days post op, next wed supposed to go back to work can not imagine my body will be ready, still in so much pain , no energy. Would have been off 2 weeks, total.
My doc said with a LSH you are back to normal 7 days afterwards????????? I wish .
And I am a busy body and in my life this is the longest I ever ever was just down and out.
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Re: differences with clearance for work LSH

Hi I had a lsh kept cervix and both ovaries on July 30th and I knew before my surgery I would need 6 wks and thinking about extending it 2wks longer. You will definitely need longer than 2wks off, listen to your body and not always the doctor concerning when to return to work. By the way my recovery going great i have my ups and downs but overall doing fine.
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:34 PM

I had an LSH last week, I could probably return to work next week, but it would be a bit rough. However, so far this recovery has been much easier than my last lap for a myomectomy and excision of endo. I am taking a month, though a lot of that is more due to being chronically ill for so long before this surgery (Better part of 2 years) I had the time, and also expected this to be harder than my first lap, and thankfully it was not. At the rate I am going now in 4 weeks I should be more than ready to return. I'm already 8 days post op am driving, going out for 4-6 hours at a time, and am in minimal pain.
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:17 PM

Barbaric isn't it?

My doctor said the same things as well as:

There was NO REASON I should be in pain anymore at all.

I was BEING TOO CAREFUL with my recovery and should be able to do everything all day long with the exception of lifting, sex, or taking a bath.

There is no reason I should limit going up and down stairs, driving, standing in a line, doing chores, gardening, EVERYTHING! He said I am in good physical shape, and shouldn't get fatigued from resuming all my normal pre-op activities now!

I think that's foolish if not dangerous advice! I was already increasing my walking, doing some additional tasks around the house and resting when I needed, I was taking very little pain meds but would take it right away when if I needed to. Listening to my body was working quite well and I was pleased with my progress.

But I thought I'd try a FEW things his way today and see how it worked for me. So I:

Went up and down the stairs more times than was necessary 'cause I could

Drove to a store and stood in line holding light packages

Put away things reaching, squatting, but not lifting.

When I got home from the store I wanted to DIE from the pain and had to take MORE pain meds than I've needed in days. I'm exhausted and can't do the gentle activities I had planned for the rest of the evening with my family.

Too careful with my recovery? MY AUNT FANNY!

To coin a phrase I think there "aught to be a law" that nobody post-op return to work earlier than 4 weeks except rare exceptions and in very special circumstances. Actually, maybe 6 weeks. I was doing great till doc piped in......Tsk!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register