my experience | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my experience my experience

Unread 05-05-2001, 03:39 PM
my experience

hi my name is rhonda and i am 6 days post-op and feeling wonderful. i had a tvh(leaving both ovaries) on 4-30-01 and was home 24 hours later. i arrived at the hospital around 7 a.m. on the 30th and was taken to the holding room and given that wonderful gown to relax in. believe me i couldn't relax but couldn't take anything until i had spoken with the sleepy doctor. my husband was very worried because i was so quiet (that doesn't happen very often) and he continued to try and make me smile. i don't know what i would have done without him. anyway around 7:45 they came and took me down to the surgery prep room and there were about 15 other peolple in there already. i was crying my eyes out. (i was so nervous and they ran to get the docotor so that they could go on and give me a relaxing medicine.) i relaxed somewhat but remember being wheeled into the operating room ( if you can,
have them relax you enough so that you don't realize this part) but after a few seconds the old mask came out and after three whiffs i was off to lala land.

i woke up 2 or 3 times in the recovery room before someone actually realized that i was up and they soon brought me some ice...boy was that ice wonderful. they were having some problems with another patient so i actually stayed in recovery for about 3 hours. the pain was minimal. almost like a menstral cramp but a little more intense. they gave me a shot for the pain and i was taken up to my room with hubby close at my heels. slept for awhile but had a morphine pump in case i needed it (which i did for a while but not long) stayed overnight and walked around the halls a couple of times and the next morning the doctor said if i felt like it i could go home or i could stay awhile longer. of course i chose to go home to my own sweet bed and slept for most of that day. i was a little sore the next day but the worst thing for me was my lack of energy. everyday i am getting a little stronger and just wanted to put your mind at ease that it can be a good thing and the worst part was all the worrying beforehand...........if anyone has any questions i would be happy to answer them........continue to keep me in your prayers and i will do the same for you.......thanks for listening............rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2001, 04:00 PM
my experience

Rhonda
Glad to hear it went so well!!!! I am also glad to hear your story! Lately I have been reading as much as I can-it helps me calm my fears! Did you have endo too?
The DD is tryng to get my surg date closer because of the severe pain. Wish me luck!!
Do you know if they can do the pro-op right before surgery? (Except for the paperwork of course). He isn't ordering anything but bloodwork before. I will ask him at the appt but wondered if you knew!
REST!! and then REST some more!
Take care of yourself and drink a lot! I hear it helps!

The crown dear! Bet it looks wonderful!

Love Peanut
Unread 05-05-2001, 04:02 PM
my experience

Hello Rhonda!
It's so nice to see you home and well. I'm glad all is over for you. Take it easy now and get your energy back
Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2001, 04:56 PM
my experience

Hi Rhonda, I'm a Rhonda too.
I'm so glad your TVH went well and you are recovering nicely. I am still a LIW...my TVH(I'm keeping my ovaries too) is scheduled for May 30th.
I'm getting a little more nervous as the days go by, but this site and all the ladies that post here have made me much more at ease.
Continue taking good care of yourself!!!!
Unread 05-05-2001, 08:32 PM
HOW FABULOUS!

Rhonda,

I am so glad everything went well! Wednesday is my day-Im having a LAVH! I hope mine goes as well!
Take good care of yourself!
Unread 05-05-2001, 10:01 PM
my experience

Rhonda, I'm so happy your surgery went so well. Another living proof that the wait is the hardest part

Now, all you have to do is rest, rest, rest, walk, drink water and then rest some more.

Take care.
Unread 05-05-2001, 10:19 PM
my experience

Rhonda,
So glad that you posted. I have been wondering how you did. You are right the worrying is the worst part. Take care and stay in touch. Email me sometime.. when you feel up to it, would love to hear from you...Rhonda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register