Vaginal cuff granulation 6 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal cuff granulation 6 weeks Vaginal cuff granulation 6 weeks

Unread 04-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Vaginal cuff granulation 6 weeks

6 week check up post LAVH with BSO, revealed significant moderate amount of granulation tissue. Doctor attempted to cut out as much as possible. Was very uncomfortable even with topical numbing medicine. Now told to go back every 2 weeks to continue this process until its healed. Vaginal rest continues... I've seen a lot where people report surgery is needed. I'm wondering how long this every 2 week process could take. I'm needing to gain some strength to go back in to be cut on............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff granulation 6 weeks

Hi!

I'm sorry that you are dealing with granulation tissue. I had a lot of it too and it's not fun having to go for treatment.

Initially my doctor treated my granulation tissue with silver nitrate but he told me that because there was so much of it he doubted the silver nitrate alone would take care of it. Unfortunately, he was right and he ended up having to do a minor surgical procedure (LEEP) to remove it. Even after that it took more treatments of silver nitrate before it finally healed. On the plus side, once I was healed I was never bothered by it again.

I hope you don't require a lot of return trips. I'm sending best wishes for quick and complete healing!

P. S. - For anyone who wants more information about granulation tissue and/or silver nitrate, here's a link to a post-op article on the subject: Vaginal Cuff Granulation – Silver Nitrate – Cauterization.
Unread 04-19-2009, 10:31 AM

me too. I go back Wednesday to probably have more cut off, still on "vaginal rest" too (that's a great term!)
My granulation tissue was too big for the silver nitrate, he clamped it and cut. Yeowch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM

I am familiar with the silver nitrate and have used it as a nurse, but he said I had way too much. The worst part was when he said you'll be coming every 2 weeks til we get it under control. It's hard when that tissue for some reason has sooo much sensitivity. I'm trying to psych myself into not being anxious for my appt on the 28th!!! Being a nurse sometimes makes me worry more I think! lol
Unread 04-20-2009, 08:34 AM

Your LEEP was just in his office? So far he is just cutting with scalpel. He applied numbing gel 5 seconds before cutting and I as a nurse know thats NOT long enough to numb anything! I've worked with this physician my entire career as nurse and he's been my doctor. So I tried to but on the brave front like it wasn't hurting too bad. LOL. Like that helps me. Thanks for your story.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register