LAVH Major Insomnia, Night Sweats, Hot Flashes..AGONY | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Major Insomnia, Night Sweats, Hot Flashes..AGONY Major Insomnia, Night Sweats, Hot Flashes..AGONY

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Major Insomnia, Night Sweats, Hot Flashes..AGONY

I am about 12 days post op and I am suffering from agonizing insomnia, drenching night sweats, and hot flashes. I don't understand this at all since I kept one ovary, which doesn't seem to working at all. I feel horrible during the day, I can't even take a nap because I can't SLEEP I had problems before LAVH with all of the above, but now it has MAGNIFIEDx10!! I am driving my husband nuts, who has to sleep at night to get up early for work, and all I do is toss and turn through the night. I slept pretty good when I was taking pain medication, but now that pain isn't a problem, the insomnia and misery at night has taken over. I feel HORRIBLE! I was thinking of trying Estroven night, but I have one ovary and not sure if it is safe to try. Anyone have any luck with an over the counter herbal supplement, or is it too early to try anything yet? Thank you for your support fellow sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Re: Major Insomnia, Night Sweats, Hot Flashes..AGONY

A lot of women have had luck with Calms Forte. It's a homeopathic sleep remedy.
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Awe sister to you. It sounds like your ovary is asleep. That happens to a lot of women after this surgery including me. When mine finally woke up, the menopause symptoms went away. If its that bad for you, you may want to consider calling your to see if they can give you something temporarily to alleviate your symptoms. Hope that helps!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2012, 05:00 PM

I'm going through the samething but I'm 7 months post-op and kept both ovaries....In the begining I understand but 7 months later I'm not sure what's going on.
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U of L Fan View Post
I am about 12 days post op and I am suffering from agonizing insomnia, drenching night sweats, and hot flashes. I don't understand this at all since I kept one ovary, which doesn't seem to working at all. I feel horrible during the day, I can't even take a nap because I can't SLEEP I had problems before LAVH with all of the above, but now it has MAGNIFIEDx10!! I am driving my husband nuts, who has to sleep at night to get up early for work, and all I do is toss and turn through the night. I slept pretty good when I was taking pain medication, but now that pain isn't a problem, the insomnia and misery at night has taken over. I feel HORRIBLE! I was thinking of trying Estroven night, but I have one ovary and not sure if it is safe to try. Anyone have any luck with an over the counter herbal supplement, or is it too early to try anything yet? Thank you for your support fellow sisters!

Me too , last night for me was a lonnnnnngggg night. Wake up sweat, turn pillow over more sweating,no sleep watch TV, get up dring some Gatorade,get on internet ,go back to bed ; toss and turn some more. So glad my DH is working nights this week I would have tormented him to death. I have my 2 week follow -up Friday (tomorrow) and I have many ?'s for my Doctor including this issue. I sympathize with you U of L fan. I changed all my bedding and comforter as well. Am going to take a cool shower b4 bed and turn the air to 70 instead of 72 maybe some of this will help. I do not want to take HRT so I'm kinda at a loss. Good luck tonight dream cool dreams ...maybe Alaska lol.
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. I did as well. My doc gave me Estrogen patch and it helped almost immediately.

I'm big on natural supplements, but find the medical doctors do not know much about them. I did not try any of that stuff immediately post op. I felt for me it would be too risky.

Hang in there. It gets easier! I am a couple weeks ahead of you and feeling way better than I was. You will be too.
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:06 AM

Look up! Great natural product Deproloft-HF®Thorne Research
Unread 09-14-2012, 05:11 AM

Estrovan does a good job for me
Unread 09-14-2012, 05:19 AM

I am on vivelle dot patch and no problems here either Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register