TAH - C-Section Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH - C-Section Question TAH - C-Section Question

Unread 06-25-2006, 12:11 PM
TAH - C-Section Question

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else had this done. I had 2 C-Sections, last one was 1988 for a 11 lb. baby girl. I never had a vaginal birth. My Gyno wanted to do a vaginal hysterectomy but with all my research, I found that if you have never given birth vaginally and intercourse is sometimes painful, a vaginal hysterectomy is not recommended. Is this something others have heard before? Also, my sections were bikini cut and I have had lots of problems with sudden sharp pains and pulling along that area particularly when I am walking around a warehouse or a hard concrete surface. I have some thigh neuropathy too. I want the Gyno to do some repair work in that area (I'm thinking I have some adhesions). I will ask him to do an abdominal hysterectomy with some repairs of the previous bikini cuts. Has anyone had this done before? and can I request this of my Gyno? I have only seen this doctor once. He took over for my previous doctor. Any info. would be wonderful. Thank you sisters.
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2006, 05:48 PM
TAH - C-Section Question

Susan,
I had two c-sections. And I had adhesions form under my bikini line scar after the second one. If you are concerned about the vaginal hysterectomy, please discuss it with your doctor. S/He might be able to explain better to put your mind at ease. If you want an abdominal hysterectomy, I think you have every right to let your physician know.

A vaginal hysterectomy is not an option for me because I have adhesions everywhere and they are not only going to do the h but also remove the adhesions. I will probably have a long vertical incision. Not looking forward to that but I do want all the adhesions removed and that is the best way my doctor can reach them.

Good luck!
Unread 06-25-2006, 06:10 PM
TAH - C-Section Question

Thank you for your response Kathy, I will definitely chat with the doctor regarding the abdominal. My guess is that I have adhesions as well. I figure since he will already be in there, he can do some repairs. I'm sure it really doesn't matter to him which way the surgery is done. You have your surgery a week before me. I hope all goes well for you. Good Luck to you too. Hugs, Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2006, 10:21 PM
TAH - C-Section Question

i had 1 c-section in 1987, and i never had any problems with my incision. when i had my tah he cut me on that same incision, and i could not be feeling better. everything went great. the incision looks great now. you should talk with your dr. about any concerns, because you know all of our bodies is very different. good luck
Unread 06-26-2006, 06:58 AM
TAH - C-Section Question

My hyst is tomorrow and I am having an abdominal because I know things are messed up in there! I had 4 c-sections and I was cut horizontally for 3 and vertically for 1. I guess the docs wanted to make sure I never wore a bikini! It would be scary anyway.
Unread 06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
TAH - C-Section Question

Ms FlowerLady,

Best of Luck tomorrow as you head to the castle. I'll be thinking about you. Wish mine was closer. The wait is driving me batty. Anyway, Wow, 4 C-sections. My goodness, I hope the doc does some good repair work for you. Let me know how it goes for you. Hugs from me to you. Susan
Unread 06-26-2006, 06:00 PM
TAH - C-Section Question

I had 2 C-Sects, and the Doc used that scar. Actually I had an excellent Dr. who redid the scar to make it look "more pretty", and gave me a small tummy tuck to remove excess skin. My skin forms keloids after surgery so it was important for him to do the bikini-cut scar as neatly as possible. I'm only one-week post-op so I don't know how the scar is going to look, but so far it looks better than the previous one. I don't know if you can request this, but it never hurts to ask. These were extra blessings of having the hyster though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register