TVH on Monday, nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH on Monday, nervous TVH on Monday, nervous

Unread 03-06-2008, 08:55 AM
TVH on Monday, nervous

Ok, I know it's a normal reaction to be nervous. This is my first surgery and it's not a little one at that. But what makes matters worse is that I work closely with the OR at the hospital. I'm an Instrument tech which means I clean, assemble and sterilize the instruments used in the OR's. We routinely have to run supplies to them during surgeries and I'm nervous that one of my co-workers will see more than I would like them to. I've talked with my Dr. and he tells me that there are very tall drapes in place and it would be difficult, but I'm still worried about it. Does anyone else worry about this? Or is it just me?

DR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:03 AM
TVH on Monday, nervous

It's funny you should say that. My daughters both have friends that work in various departments @ the hospital that I am going to be having my surgery and I am worried about the same thing. Iguess if it happens while I am out, I won't know RIGHT? But, if they come into my room after for whatever reason, I won't be happy but, I don't think there is anything i can do about it.

Good Luck! I guess weh have to accept that this is their job & they will be professionals about it.

Rose
LAVH 3-25 with Bladder lift.
Unread 03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
TVH on Monday, nervous

I felt very similar when I had my surgery. My husband is a medical student so he knew several people when I was in there. He picked the anthesteologist and the resident that was assisting with my surgery. He got to know the resident very well during his rotation and would like to have her and her husband over for dinner before they move. How strange will that be? I know they only look at it as a job, and body parts to them are all the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Indignity to the Body

I'm a teacher and have had numerous medical encounters with parents of students, former students, partners of people I work with... ranging from a former student massaging my legs during some rehab to having a GYN who was the parent of students at my school. With the LSH I had on Feb. 25, the anesthesiologist ended up being the husband of a teacher I know pretty well and one of the nurses in the recovery room - a parent of a current student. Yeah, it's a bit awkward, but my humble opinion (coping skill) is that my body is simply a vessel. Whatever happens to it; whatever anyone sees is not a view into the private me (my soul, my me-ness). Some of the things that happen during medical procedures can be rather undignified, but the people doing them, who see these undignified things are working on the vessel that contains my soul; not on me. Thinking of my body in this way seems to help me care less about who sees what. I think I would have even been okay if the CMA who helped wipe the vomit off my face had been a former student - especially if he/she was one who was a pill in my class.
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
TVH on Monday, nervous

I work in the pysch hospital attached to the hospital I will be in on Monday, my fear is that they will request a psych eval on me while I am out of my mind hormonally. I warned my collegues that if I end up in the psych hospital I WILL be homicidal and kill them all. Tee hee.

Then I worry about walking the halls and having my *** hanging out...like so many other do.

Ok maybe I should worry about something important....

Good luck girls.
Ilene
Unread 03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
TVH on Monday, nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyheaven1
It's funny you should say that. My daughters both have friends that work in various departments @ the hospital that I am going to be having my surgery and I am worried about the same thing. Iguess if it happens while I am out, I won't know RIGHT? But, if they come into my room after for whatever reason, I won't be happy but, I don't think there is anything i can do about it.

Good Luck! I guess weh have to accept that this is their job & they will be professionals about it.

Rose
LAVH 3-25 with Bladder lift.
I've already made my bright pink sign for my door stating "PRIVACY PLEASE, PATIENT REQUESTS NO VISITORS, THANK YOU". I'm an RN at the hospital I'll be at and except for the required nurses, lab personnel, etc., I don't care for anyone to interrupt my private recovery time. My husband and daughter will be there to help me. I've mentioned this to several co-workers that I don't want visitors and they all say they don't blame me and would want the same. Make your sign!!! It's your privacy!!! Even well-meaning friends, family, and church members will just have to understand how private a time this is. Blessings. My day is 3/25/08 and I won't know ahead of time what they're taking out or how they're doing it as my fibroids and endometriosis are quite advanced.
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:33 PM
TVH on Monday, nervous

Last year I had surgery for an anal fistula. When I got to the pre-op room they put something into my IV that knocked me out almost immediately. I stirred as they were wheeling me into the OR when the nurse introduced himself to me. I looked up and said "HEY !!!!! HIYA STEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!". He looked down and realized who I was --- we're NEIGHBORS. He asked if he should find someone else to cover, but I was so zonked I really didn't care (and in retrospect it doesn't bother me that he was there - perhaps I got even BETTER care because he DOES know me).

So I can't say that I ever worried about the situation but I did experience it first hand LOL

I have to say, Steve was a complete professional and never mentioned it to me. In fact, he didn't even tell the story to his wife because of confidentiality -- I told her the story - I find it quite funny.

I did however run over to tell him the exact date and time of my hysterectomy. We had another laugh over last years experience. He wasn't assigned to my hyst surgery but he did look over the roster to assure me that I had a great team.
Unread 03-16-2008, 12:05 PM
TVH on Monday, nervous

I had my surgery with no problems. No interuptions and no one I knew. So I worried for nothing. Thanks.

DR

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register