Scheduled LAVH Wed 12/10 is my big day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wed 12/10 is my big day! Wed 12/10 is my big day!

Unread 12-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Wed 12/10 is my big day!

Hi ladies!

My pre-op went well last week and I'm set for surgery this Wed morning. I'm having a LAVH & will hopefully be released 23 hours after being taken to my room. Thankfully I'll have someone w/me for the first week post op. I've not had a period for 3 yrs and have been doing "the menopause dance" for 5 yrs. Bio-identical HRT has worked wonderful for me. Anyone else had similar circumstances and can share their experience w/me? I surely won't have the huge hormonal issues many ladies much younger (I just turned 51) and not entered menopause yet have to deal with. Thank you for any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Re: Wed is my big day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqueOCS View Post
Hi ladies!

My pre-op went well last week and I'm set for surgery this Wed morning. I'm having a LAVH & will hopefully be released 23 hours after being taken to my room. Thankfully I'll have someone w/me for the first week post op. I've not had a period for 3 yrs and have been doing "the menopause dance" for 5 yrs. Bio-identical HRT has worked wonderful for me. Anyone else had similar circumstances and can share their experience w/me? I surely won't have the huge hormonal issues many ladies much younger (I just turned 51) and not entered menopause yet have to deal with. Thank you for any info
I'm 46, just had my LAVH w/ovary removal 6 days ago, and I'm beyond jealous that you won't be experiencing any hormonal issues. I'm experiencing some and not crazy about it at all. But, I too think I have been dancing with the Menopausal devil for several years now...but not in the way of waning periods. Rather waning estrogen....I've grown facial hair, lost hair on my head, very irregular & painful periods, horrible moodiness, and sex drive went bye-bye. You have half the battle won with that.

My sister in law is having a Vag Hysterectomy on Wednesday as well. Best of luck to you! I hope all goes well.
Unread 12-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Thank you FrozenFire! I've not had my HRT for 4 mos & can def tell a HUGE difference. So looking forward to getting my hormones back in balance after surgery. Sorry you're dealing w/the hormonal issues. How are you feeling? My friends (they had TAH) many moons ago said I'll be exhausted for at least a few weeks. Thankfully, it's just hubby & I so no little ones to take care of. Hubby is fabulous, so I'll be in good hands. Sending you healing hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2014, 04:14 PM

Thank you I'm feeling better today finally. Pain & soreness finally decreasing, and feeling a bit stronger. Going to see doc tomorrow and get staples out.

Glad you have hubby at home to take care of you. My husband has been so great. And thank God it just worked out that all of his vacation time got saved up over the year...he has been off work since Thanksgiving and won't have to go back till Jan 5th. He will be with me through the entire recovery.

You don't seem to be anxious at all about the surgery...which is great. I was petrified right up to the point that they gave me the pre-anesthesia drugs....and then I was ready to party!
Unread 12-08-2014, 04:40 PM

How wonderful your hubby will be with you the entire time! What a blessing.

No, I'm not anxious over the surgery. I'll be thrilled to be rid of my ovaries as my Mom had ovarian cancer that was diagnosed very late. A few months ago I started having cramps and that "full" feeling you get before your period. The pelvic US showed a small growth on the right ovary. I'm praying it's not cancer (GYN doesn't think it is) but I elected to have a hysterectomy being I'm already in menopause and don't want to wait, watch & see if it grows anymore.

I'm already stressing over not being able to vacuum everyday. We have 3 bulldogs and a peke....and I'm a bit OCD about the vacuuming

Oh yes those pre-anesthesia drugs out you right in the party mood
Unread 12-09-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqueOCS View Post
How wonderful your hubby will be with you the entire time! What a blessing.

No, I'm not anxious over the surgery. I'll be thrilled to be rid of my ovaries as my Mom had ovarian cancer that was diagnosed very late. A few months ago I started having cramps and that "full" feeling you get before your period. The pelvic US showed a small growth on the right ovary. I'm praying it's not cancer (GYN doesn't think it is) but I elected to have a hysterectomy being I'm already in menopause and don't want to wait, watch & see if it grows anymore.

I'm already stressing over not being able to vacuum everyday. We have 3 bulldogs and a peke....and I'm a bit OCD about the vacuuming

Oh yes those pre-anesthesia drugs out you right in the party mood
I'm praying right along with you that the growth is benign. Ovarian cancer is petrifying to me....I had a mother in law who passed away from it, and it was so horrible to see her go through all she went through. She was a beautiful, intelligent, wonderful woman, and so didn't deserve to endure what she did. And the thing about ovarian cancer....it is a silent killer. Symptoms are almost nonexistent until it is really progressed. That is why I wanted my ovaries gone as well. It didn't make sense to me to leave them and risk that. And since I had cervical cancer in 1994, I felt the risk was pretty big.

And don't you worry about that vacuuming. I bet hubby will keep it good and fur free for ya.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register