TAH Brain fog...how long does it last? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Brain fog...how long does it last? Brain fog...how long does it last?

Unread 12-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Brain fog...how long does it last?

The subject line says it all. I am 8 weeks post-op, and I still have brain fog. I can't multi-task, I am making stupid mistakes at work (like accepting an order with a vendor that we don't have a contract with), I can't get my rear in gear (although that's exhaustion and another topic completely). I've been playing mind games (word search, cryptograms, crosswords - not the nasty type of mind games ), but my brain just doesn't cooperate at times. Does anyone have any idea how long this will last?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Re: Brain fog...how long does it last?

I'm seven weeks in and with you all the way. I am having to do my taxes this week and after around two/three hours I can't think any longer. I had to pack up yesterday when I found I had forgotten how to save a file! Then slept for over an hour.

Saw doc yesterday and she's signed me off until the new year, says it's normal and will pass. Don't give yourself any grief over it. You're doing brilliantly.
Unread 12-04-2013, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the support! I DO know it will pass, I'm just annoyed at myself...and that, too, shall pass - since I will be making mistakes and being foggy for awhile, I'm sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2013, 03:43 PM

Oh my goodness....ME TOO! I totally lose my train of thought mid sentence! I thought I was losing my mind. A friend told me it was the anesthesia.....really? I am not quite 2 wks post op, but yeah....I am forgetting lots!
Unread 12-05-2013, 01:13 AM

Yesterday a friend had to help me with invoices. She'd say "Ł138.08 inv number 1234" etc. and I would go to look for it. i would have to ask her four or five times what it was again and we were sitting next to each other! I couldn't process it for the life of me. My bookkeeper is getting really antsy now as it has to be paid by Saturday. Final push this morning.
Unread 12-05-2013, 06:40 AM

Did you ladies have ovaries removed? I kept mine. Brain fog was terrible until about 3 weeks, where it improved some.
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:36 AM

I am in my 3 month post op My memory fog and forgetfulness still there. Now I am losing my balance some. And major headaches daily. I can not take HRT due to DVT. The night sweats are about 4 days a week. Still get the swelly bell at the end of day. Dr gave me trazodone That has really helped with the insomnia. And all taken out uterus and ovaries and cervix.
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:38 AM

Trazadone can cause some balance issues. Did the balance prob start after starting Trazadone?
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:45 AM

Actually yes. But it really helps me sleep. I have suffered from Insomnia for years now with the headaches it was getting unbearable.
Hmm... guess talk to Dr next visit.
Unread 12-05-2013, 09:32 AM

Kept my ovaries. Still getting night sweats and insomnia but it's getting better slowly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register