Lupus TAH & Keeping Ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupus TAH & Keeping Ovaries Lupus TAH & Keeping Ovaries

Unread 07-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Lupus TAH & Keeping Ovaries

Anyone out there that has Lupus and have had a hysterectomy but where able to keep your ovaries? How has it affected the Lupus? I've taken hormones in the past to try to help the problem causing me to consider hysterectomy and they've flared the Lupus a lot. My fear, I have the hysterectomy, but I loose function of the ovaries (heard that could happen) then I end up facing HRT knowing it's probably not an option considering past experience. My gyn is empathetic to me, and my rheumy just looks at me like "what"? when I ask, so I need some advice from someone who knows what I'm talking about first hand. Please help. I'm starting to feel like no matter what decision I make I'm going to end up sick anyways, and the last thing I want to do is make all this worse, since it's pretty bad to start with. Help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2005, 11:32 PM

Hi

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. I did keep my ovaries and they are functioning just fine, but I don't have Lupus.

I wanted to send you a big and hopefully, someone will see your post who can relate. I will keep you in my prayers.

s

Deb
Unread 07-25-2005, 07:30 AM

Hi, belle28,
Just a little hello from a fellow "lupie"...although I had a TAH-BSO almost 3 weeks ago and did not keep ovaries...but wanted to tell you that so far my lupus has not been flaring much at all...am on HRT (patch) for now to avoid the SUDDEN menopause and thus, a flare, but hope that I can phase off with time...just wanted to share with you I have been so happily surprised that the STRESS of all of this has not caused a major flare (so far!!)...I know exactly what you mean about HRT and the ovaries possibly not being "on" for you after surgery( I had no choice about the ovaries coming out)...there are other posts about lupus on these boards, too, that may be helpful! Sending a hyster-sisters hug!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2005, 05:17 PM

Thanks for all of the support and advice. You've given me hope and something to think about.

Thanks again,
Belle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register