7 weeks post op and gained weight!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post op and gained weight!! 7 weeks post op and gained weight!!

Unread 04-16-2011, 02:39 AM
7 weeks post op and gained weight!!

wondering if anyone knows of a natural diuretic! i have gained 10 lbs in one week. walking daily at the gym (2 miles) and can't keep heart rate under 130 just walkin! no fried, greasy, or fast food in that time frame and feeling absolutely crummy. i drink only water and naked juices as i'm not a big fruit or veggie eater so my doc told me to drink those instead. aking vitamins-multi,cranberry supp,vit d and one thru my gym that is all vit b's. just curious if any of you homeopathic people out there have suggestions. called my doc and he's not going to do anything til i see him wed for 8 week post op. i'm by no means skinny and my stomach is where i carry my weight. i lost 40 lbs before surgery and i've gained back 18! help! thank you ladies!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Re: 7 weeks post op and gained weight!!

Yikes! 10 lbs in a week?? Did you tell the doc about that heart rate, too? That's a little disconcerting. Are you drinking enough? I've read that tea is a diuretic, maybe celery too. Melons are good, but if you don't eat fruit then that is out.

Sorry you are having this. I'm glad you see your doc on Wednesday!
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:43 PM

ya when i called on friday the nurse said my doc wasn't overly concerned! and as of today i've gained another 2! i do eat watermelon and cantaloupes alot as those we can find easily up here in snowy MN again! thanks for the input. ya. if i feel this way yet tomo i'm callin the oncall doc and asking what i should do. my asthma was horrible today! not sure if that's weight or weather related!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2011, 10:07 PM

I would definitely call tomorrow, if I were you. If you are having trouble breathing, too, it could indicate some sort of congestive heart failure or something. (not to scare you, but it is a concern)
Unread 04-17-2011, 01:24 PM
7 weeks post op and gained weight!!

k ladies... i just weigh'd myself again and since yesterday i gained 4 more lbs! do i call the on call doc? just finished a round of antibiotics and still no fever but the pain i had before going on the antibiotics disappeared for 7 days while on it and now its back again! just discouraging and don't know what to think or do!!! :~(
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:40 PM

I would get myself to the ER. Something is up and it isn't good. The congestive heart failure comment is worrisome.
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:51 PM

mention your thyroid.......if it goes hypo, it will put weight on you very quickly.
Unread 04-17-2011, 05:45 PM

I agree with Danni3ll3!!

What did you decide to do? Keep us posted!
Unread 04-18-2011, 08:11 AM

hi ladies. thank you all the advice. i called the on call doc and he wasn't concerned. i put a call into the triage nurses as the doc recommended so we'll see what they say. he thinks all these symptoms could actually be leadin to perimenopause!!! i have one ovary yet but he says that could have shut itself down! i'm only 28!!!! thats why we left one so i wouldn't go thru this!!! :~(
Unread 04-18-2011, 08:29 AM

I cannot imagine how that type of weight gain in such a short period of time. Further, perimenopause is not menopause. It is the stage before. And, keeping your ovary or ovaries doesn't guarantee that they will wake up after the surgery.

Hang in there. If you keeping gaining weight that quickly, I'd head to the ER whether your doctor is concerned or not. It is enough that YOU are concerned.:hugs5:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register