11 weeks and still sore? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 weeks and still sore? 11 weeks and still sore?

Unread 03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
11 weeks and still sore?

Hi everyone...this is my first new thread so bare with me
Ever since my surgery (tah) i have hurt across my stomach ....its like a 6 inch band under my belly button. It has not got worse but it hasnt improved either. It only hurts if i lean on something or touch it. Its not anywhere near my inscision so that is what confuses me. I dont understand why i hurt there and everything else is ok. I need to call my doctor but i dont know about the rest of you but im tired of doctors right now lol
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2006, 09:56 PM
11 weeks and still sore?

I am also sensitive in the area below my belly button. The sensitive area also stretches down a bit along the sides . It's all numb in the center, so maybe it would also be sensitive if I could feel it there.

Don't know the answer to your question, but I thought I 'd let you know you aren't alone!
Unread 03-15-2006, 10:16 PM
11 weeks and still sore?

Hang in there. It is probably mucle healing and getting used to the change in your body. I am only eight weeks. I now know, thanks to hyster sisters, that this healing thing may take a little longer then expected.
P.S. I'm with you about the doc thing. I haven't spent this much time with a doc in twenty years and that was when I had gall bladder surgery. I'm getting tired of needing one. I do appreciate what he did though. He was excellent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2006, 06:19 AM
11 weeks and still sore?

I have that same thing, Flower Addict! Two different docs told me it's probably fluid buildup and that it will go away eventually. I certainly hope so, I'm at 14 weeks already! :O

Feel good!
Annette
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:19 AM
11 weeks and still sore?

I am at 16 weeks, and some days I don't have much pain across my belly at all, but others it is really sore by the end of the day. Especially if I've been doing tons of cleaning, lifting, etc. I thought I'd be over this by now, but I can see from what others have said that this takes time. Take it easy! Hopefully we are all on the path to pain-free bellys!
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:24 AM
11 weeks and still sore?

Thanks for the replies!!
I will give it more time and see what happens....I will be so glad when i am back to normal.
Its good to know that im not alone so thanks alot.
I pray we all are pain free soon
thanks again
Unread 03-22-2006, 08:47 PM
11 weeks and still sore?

I finally went to the doctor today and she is going to do a ultrasound friday. She is wanting to check things out , but her first impression is that my stomach muscles are separating apart and i might have to see a surgeon????
Geesh what else will go wrong
the pain is mainly in one spot directly under my belly button...it is sore to the touch and not so much when i use my stomach muscles. Im just hoping that my doctor is overreacting and its just something healing in there lol
anyone else having this please let me know...doctor will be gone for weeks before i will know
thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register