Re-Help-thank you answers to questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Re-Help-thank you answers to questions Re-Help-thank you answers to questions

Unread 11-27-2001, 07:43 PM
Re-Help-thank you answers to questions

I guess I didn't know what to mention about my surgery. I tried to read the lists but still got lost. They are using the type of surgery where they will go through my belly in small incisions and also vaginally. I will lose both ovaries, tubes and my uterus. I thought I wouldn't get my period before surgery but I did and it is so bad. I went to cub scouts anyhow and bled all over myself I hope noone noticed to bad except my kids noone mentioned it. Has anyone ever got hooked on pain pills in waiting? I don't take them unless I need them but I am afraid after all is said and done it will be a problem. I guess I have been afraid at one point or another about everything. Death Cancer major screw ups during surgery all kinds of things. I can't sleep at all. I have night mares all of the time. My doc was kind of non chalant about the no kids issue because my tubes were tied but I did that at 24 with my husband cheating on me each time I was pregnant and I didn't want to go through that again. Now we are no longer together and what if I want children with who I wind up with. so many questions again thank you for listening and thanks for all of the kind words earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2001, 08:03 PM
Sassy

I am sorry to hear what has happened to you in the past. You did not deserve to be treated that way. I've not read your other posts, but you need to tell your doctor about the nightmares and your fears. Ibuprofen always gives me bad dreams for some unknown reason. Ativan, praying friends, and HysterSisters helped me be calm just before my surgery. Admitting that I was scared was the first step towards peace.

((Hugs))
Susie
Unread 11-28-2001, 12:44 AM

Sassy

I can kinda relate to what you went through, I had my tubes tied when i had my second child, mostly cause I was in a bad marraige and didnt want any more children with him. But, now, years later, the first question my doc asked me when we had our meeting was, "Are you planning on having any more children?" At the time I thought, thats a strange question, I have my tubes tied. But of course, that can be reversed. But now I have a wonderful "significant other" (he he, not rushing into the marraige thing again) And he is 8 years younger than me. We have been together for almost 5 years now. We had long talks about the fact that I cant have any more children and He says "we have 2 children already". So anyone you should get into a relationship with should accept you the way you are, and there is always adoption. There are so many children out there with no one. Cherrish the children that you do have, there are many women that cannot have children at all. Good luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2001, 12:49 PM

Sassy,

You will hear it over and over on hyster sisters --- "The waiting is the hardest part", and it really is true. You are scared about all the exact same things that we all have been, so we know how you feel.

I agree that "praying friends" was the most help for me. My doctor prescribed Ativan, but I never took it because I have such a thing about not taking medication unless I absolutely need it. But, that's just me. I was very fortunate and had people all over the United States praying for me and I just finally relaxed and really put it in the Lord's hands.

Please do call your doctor and explain your fears. He will probably be happy to prescribe something for you if at all possible. It is very important for you to get your rest before surgery, and you sure don't want to get run down and sick, and have the surgery postponed.

Stay in touch with hyster sisters and ask any question that comes into your mind. The gals here are really great! You can also just come on and "vent" if you need to.

By the way, if you mean that you are trying to figure out the initials for your procedure, it is LAVH/BSO.

Best wishes to you. Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Happy Holidays.

Barbara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register