I need a little advice--post op bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need a little advice--post op bleeding I need a little advice--post op bleeding

Unread 04-12-2006, 07:03 PM
I need a little advice--post op bleeding

Hello Ladies,

I had a TAH on March 30th. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks. I am still very sore, I have been so constipated, that my dr told me to use colax, well that is finally working, but the rear end is still very sore, if you know what I mean. I am still bleeding vaginally, more now then after surgry. I am also getting a lot of cramping, not so bad that I take anything for it. but it is painful. This has me a little worried. It seems like all I am doing is going from the couch to the bed. It is starting to get pretty outside, and I want to be able to go out and play. Have any of you ladies felt this way. Is this bleeding normal? I have bleed everyday in the year of 2006, starting to think I am going to bleed for the rest of my life. Maybe I am just cranky today. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2006, 07:20 PM

I think you should probably call the dr. I am not sure you should be bleeding still. I did not bleed at all. I hope you start to feel better, can you have someone take a comfy chair outside so you can get some fresh air and sunshine? Hugs Raymo
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:25 PM

i agree with raymo, i only bled for four days not a drop since then. best wishes and take care.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2006, 07:37 PM

I did not have ANY bleeding. From the time I woke up, nothing.
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:42 PM

I still have a little pinking (Blood) on the TP (toilet paper) and I am 28 days post-op. I still hurt like a turkey on its way to the over... (I had a TAH) but each day, it does get a little better. My advice to you though is to tell your doctor. Good Luck Hun!
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:42 PM

I had only a few spots of blood with my first trip to the bathroom. After that, nothing.. Not even a discharge.
Unread 04-12-2006, 08:17 PM

I only bled a few spots in the hospital. Nothing since. I think you should call and ask about this. I think the bleeding is more common with the vaginal hyst. It's one of the few benefits of having it abdominally!
Unread 04-12-2006, 08:54 PM

I agree with the others...I think you should call your Dr right away.
I never had one drop of blood after my surgery.
hope you feel better soon!
Unread 04-12-2006, 09:09 PM

Depending on how you are healing, this could be okay or not okay. Some ladies have discharge/spotting for several weeks after their hyst, others do not. If it makes you feel better, I bleed for about 3 months after my hyst.

Here is an article you may find helpful: Bleeding Post Op.

Do call your dr if you are having bright red blood, an indication of new bleeding.

And when you get a chance, please complete your member survey so that your profile will include your hyst type, which helps us to offer the best support.

Best wishes to you for your recovery!
Unread 04-12-2006, 10:39 PM

I agree call your dr! I had a lavh and no bleeding...a tiny spotting of very light pinkish discharge. I am a week out now and have a little discharge not really much of a color though...my paperwork does say bleeding is unpredictable but should get less everyday and if it increases to call them!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register