5 Days and Counting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Days and Counting 5 Days and Counting

Unread 01-30-2003, 11:37 PM
5 Days and Counting

I go for my hysterectomy in five days. I am hoping they only take the uterus. I have two fibroids on the front of my uterine wall, one is 2 inches in size and one is an inch in size.

I have had pain and bleeding for months now. I am scared. I am not ready to give up my excercise and family time to recover.

I have scar tissue from previous surgeries and am afraid it will cause problems.

Any words of wisdom before I go? I need some strength to ensure I go through those doors to the hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2003, 05:18 AM
Best wishes

Hi MichaeleRose, I am also pre-op so I can't speak from experience but I wanted you to know I was thinking of you. I think being as close as you are to surgery must be almost as hard as the recovery phase. Have a not too stressful countdown!
Unread 01-31-2003, 05:34 AM
HI , I have 7 days to go and am scared

I am usually such a tough person, or so people tell me, but i have never had surgery before and i am scared . I really dont llike the thought of being put to sleep, when asked by people when is your surgery, I say, maybe next Friday if I show up. Now my galll bladder is acting up, I was in pain for three nights straight, it was so bad that they sent me in for an ultra sound and it did not show any sstones, but the walls are thickened, so that means it is inflamed, it might go away, or not, I was told to give it the weekend and if not better I should see a surgeon, I am falling apart. Sorry about rambleing, but I am sure we will both do just fine, I will keep you in my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2003, 05:46 AM
best wishes

s to you all.

I haven't had my hyst yet, but I have had surgery before; it seems like I was always scared until I got there and the nurses made me feel so comfortable. Of course not being able to sleep the night before wore me plumb out, so I probably didn't even need the anesthesia, I was so tired. The only time I wasn't prepared was when I had an emergency cesarean, but I was in so much pain I didn't really know what was going on around me. I used to be afraid of being put to sleep, but it's really not bad at all. You're lying there listening to the docs and nurses around you and all of sudden you wake up, kinda, and you're in a different room with no recollection of anything that's happened to you.

So, yes, it is a little frightening, especially if it's your first surgery, but you will all do great! We'll be here you on. Be sure to let us know how you're doing when you return and feel up to posting.
Unread 01-31-2003, 07:32 AM
Yep, done the surgery thing...

Many times before... a total of 6 times being put under. I have 9 days until my TAH, so I cannot tell you about recovery or anything with this because it is new to me as well. But yes, everytime I went in I was a little frightened about going under....except for my c-section. Jimdens, same thing with me, emergency c-section and you are right, by that time I did not care what they did.

Every nurse in Pre-op I have ever run across has been very understanding, reassuring and they know what they are doing. I had one male nurse one time that had me laughing so hard before being put under that they had to wait until I stopped laughing to get me to sleep! LOL! It truly is a very gradual loss of awareness and then the next thing you know, you are waking up and they are telling you it's done. These nurses and anestegiologists (sp?) know about nerves and, speaking from my personal experience, are prepared to get you through the best way they know how.

to all and prayers to ease your minds.

Pol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register