4 weeks post hysterectomy - still dizzy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy - still dizzy. 4 weeks post hysterectomy - still dizzy.

Unread 02-06-2015, 09:18 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy - still dizzy.

I'm still lightheaded and dizzy. I hate it. I'm 4 weeks out. Trying to sort out hormones and sudden high bp and heart rate. I want to get out so bad but the dizzy lightheaded feeling is keeping me in. I know I'm not anemic. They checked. I really need some encouragement. And to hear if any of you have this too. I had no idea it would be this hard. Just crying this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy - still dizzy.

Are you still on the pain meds? They can make you dizzy
I don't have the dizziness, but I am nauseated almost all the time.
Keep your head up, and know I'm rooting for you. (Hugs)
Unread 02-06-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiRei View Post
Are you still on the pain meds? They can make you dizzy
I don't have the dizziness, but I am nauseated almost all the time.
Keep your head up, and know I'm rooting for you. (Hugs)
Nope no meds. Just dizzy. 😝
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2015, 02:05 PM

Hi Sreeve

I can still remember back when I was about a month into my recovery and to be honest I didn't leave the house much. Are you eating? I know how difficult it is to see beyond your symptoms but trust me, in time, you will look back. I can recall there were times when I would feel lightheaded and dizzy if I was out grocery shopping with my husband. This didn't happen every time I went and eventually that completely stopped. You mentioned that you were trying to get your hormone levels sorted out and from what I had read on here, that seems to be a challenge for many women. I had reached natural menopause before my surgery so I don't have to take anything. When in doubt about the way that you feel, you can always call your doctors office but here's hoping that other sisters can lend some advice to you.
Take care
Unread 02-06-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ992 View Post
Hi Sreeve

I can still remember back when I was about a month into my recovery and to be honest I didn't leave the house much. Are you eating? I know how difficult it is to see beyond your symptoms but trust me, in time, you will look back. I can recall there were times when I would feel lightheaded and dizzy if I was out grocery shopping with my husband. This didn't happen every time I went and eventually that completely stopped. You mentioned that you were trying to get your hormone levels sorted out and from what I had read on here, that seems to be a challenge for many women. I had reached natural menopause before my surgery so I don't have to take anything. When in doubt about the way that you feel, you can always call your doctors office but here's hoping that other sisters can lend some advice to you.
Take care
Thanks. Yes I'm eating. And trying to get hormones sorted. I had to start a beta blocker for my heart since it seems the surgery set off high blood pressure and heart rate. It just all feels like such a mess right now and I hate being alone while my husband is at work. I just don't feel stable. Dr says nothing wrong other than bp and heart rate upping. I had no idea surgery could cause that. And I'm honestly not sure if recovery, hormones or new heart med is causing the dizziness. It stinks.
Unread 02-06-2015, 03:25 PM

Did you research the side effects of your meds?
Unread 02-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Beta blockers are notorious for causing dizziness.....
And with fluctuating hormone levels...no wonder your dizzy.
I would talk to your doctor about this and see if theres another heart med you can try or have a different dosage or something....
There are always tricks with those meds to curb the dizziness.
Definitely talk to your doc about the heart med and see what tricks to do to curb it and some other meds aren't as bad and such so definitely do that....it definitely culprit for sure.
Take care
Unread 02-06-2015, 03:45 PM

Have read some posts on here about some having increased BP when starting HRT. When I checked mine a few times after I started HRT it was higher than it had been, but has been lower the last few times I checked it.

Surgical menopause is certainly no fun. I started on the lowest dose Minivelle patch at 5 weeks post-op. That dosage helped some and I remained on it for 7 weeks. I'm on the highest Minivelle patch dose now and do notice a difference and am doing better.

Take care and hang in there.
Unread 02-06-2015, 05:13 PM

If the beta blockers are not causing it, It may be something in your neck. So,stokes the way you are positioned during surgery, can cause the neck muscles to tighten. You may have to,go the physical therapy,to fix it.
Good luck. I get vertigo from time to time and it comes from the neck or the ear drum.
Unread 02-06-2015, 08:30 PM

Thanks ladies. I'll talk to my dr and see what she says.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register