Got results from CT scan, fluid in belly -- Update! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got results from CT scan, fluid in belly -- Update! Got results from CT scan, fluid in belly -- Update!

Unread 10-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Got results from CT scan

Got the results, and this is what they had to say:

8.3 x 2.8 x 9.7 cm fluid collection along the anterior abdominal wall which may represent an abscess. There is a suggestion of a small defect within the midline of he anterior abdominal wall. Small bowel loops may be adherent to the anterior abdominal wall at the location of the defect. :whowee:

Sooo, tomorrow I am to go to the hopsital and have the surgeon who push the mesh in paged so he can have a look. Wish me luck, I am kind of scared.

I guess this explains why you 6 weekers are feeling better and I am still having pain.... I am sure this is probably due to overdoing it due to the flooding issues we were having.

Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Got results from CT scan, fluid in belly -- Update!

Holy Moses. I wish you the best and Im feeling pretty good about my hematoma problem right now compared to your problem. Ill pray for you that all works out.
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:26 PM

what did they do for your hematoma?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 04:41 PM

Hi -- sounds like you might have a seroma (fluid collection) rather than a hematoma (blood collection). Whichever it is, I pray for a quick resolution for the problem. Hopefully since yours has been found relatively soon after surgery, it can be resolved without further major surgery. Is that what they are thinking?

(My hematoma/seroma -- I call it both because it started out as a hematoma but kept filling up with fluid even after they attempted to drain it, so they "renamed" it a seroma -- was large like yours, so I can only imagine how uncomfortable you are right now! ) I hope you get some good relief soon.
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:42 PM

Kathy, I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I still feel like absoulute crap.

You're in my prayers sweetie!
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:50 PM

Oh Baby Girl. I feel for you and I think it's normal that you are scared. I'd wonder about you if you weren't. You are in my prayers.
Unread 10-05-2006, 06:55 PM

going for my ct scans tom. scared. radioligist looked at my films and want to rule out an abcess.i understand your fear.
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:46 PM

MJ, what did they do for your seroma?
Unread 10-06-2006, 06:06 PM
couldn't drain my belly

Okay, so I go to the doc today to get this fluid drained from my belly and after a couple of attempts with two different sized needles, he couldn't do it.

Soooo, tomorrow the doc is going to call me because we are going to have to do it by ultrasound. The ultrasound will show exactly where the fluid is.

The best part of this, if you could call it that, is the risk of infection. If there is infection, they will have to slice me open AGAIN and remove the mesh. Good times.

So, that is the scoop. Hope all is going well with everyone else.
Unread 10-06-2006, 06:45 PM

Dear Kathy,

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Have been following your posts. We share the same surgery date, and we both had everything removed. Will keep you in my heart and my thoughts as you go forward in your efforts to find relief.

The sun does come up, eventually, after the sometimes too-long night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register