Any Golfers? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Any Golfers?

I am 8 weeks post op and was wondering if any of you are golfers and have got back to the game? I forgot to ask my Dr at my 6 week check up and I don't really want to go back with just that as a question? I am going away at Christmas,so would be approx 12 weeks post op at that time and would like to get a few rounds in. I would appreciate anyones advice/or their stories!

TVH RSO
Sept 24/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Any Golfers?

Can you call your doctor with that question, without having to go back in for an appointment? Mine is really good about answering minor stuff over the phone.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that you may want to try a few "simulated" golf swings before you head out on the course. I'm not a golfer, but I am thinking you may be amazed at how much you use your stomach muscles in a big golf swing. That's not to say you can't go, but just be aware that it might surprise you how much you feel it work the abdomen now after surgery.

I'm a hockey player, and I talked to my doctor about when I could resume hockey. (BTW, mine was a LSH surgery.) I was actually back on the ice skating at 12 days post-op. What I really noticed was that the skating motion was okay, and actually felt good, but the first few times I tried to take a shot I felt it pull in my abdomen. I had never noticed how much I used those muscles to shoot the puck before I had surgery. I figured it might be similar with a golf swing.

I was restricted from playing any games where there might be contact for 6 weeks after surgery. And the doctor warned me about being careful so that I didn't fall and cause any jarring motions too soon. But I will admit that it was nice to get out and be active early in my recovery. You may find that you have to take it easy swinging those golf clubs, but the fresh air and walking around the golf course would probably be good therapy!

Best of luck to you.
Unread 11-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Any Golfers?

Since I'm in the cold zone, I packed my clubs away the day before surgery.

Hubs is a much heartier sort than I,he golfed last Sunday when it was 42 degrees-- I was 5 1/2 weeks out at the time and the thought of a backswing terrified the heck out of me.

I'd call your Doc to check on things at the 12 week mark. Mine said I could probably go no contact Taekwondo at 8 weeks but only after he fully checked me out first.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register