Need advise on uterus and cervix | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need advise on uterus and cervix Need advise on uterus and cervix

Unread 07-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Need advise on uterus and cervix

I need to ask everyone's advise on whether to keep my uterus and cervix or not (If I have the option).

Can anyone tell me what the response to, or desire for, sex was like after having their uterus, cervix or uterus and cervix taken out? I am very scared of losing my now strong sex-drive or the ability to have an orgasm.

Thank you,
Rhojoe169
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2004, 10:09 AM

I had my pre-op yesterday and the dr explained that some women lose there sex drive and ability to have an orgasm after theri cervix is removed. But he explained that it is different for everyone. I won't know if my cervix is staying or going until after it is all done. He really recommended that I take it out, but I left the decision up to him once he gets in there.

Best of luck to you.
Unread 07-15-2004, 10:14 AM

Rhoejoe,

I kept my cervix. Very happy with my decision. I am sure you will get wonderful responses from Hyster Sisters who had their cervix taken out also.

My Dr. told me that the cervix helps with future ligament support and that it also helps with sex. With me, I feel the sex is wonderful in post op.

Also, cervical cancer does not run in my family so that helped with my decision. I also had my cervix cauterized which helps prevent the "mini-period" you might have read about.

Good Luck. To keep or not to keep the cervix is a very personal decision. There are varying opinions on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2004, 12:03 PM

This same question has been posted before and your going to get answers on both sides of the fence.

I had my cervix out. That's where my problems always started. I too, having good sex did not want to loose that. So, dh and I had a very frank conversation with my Doc. and he explained how the cervix is simply the mouth to the uterus. That's it. Your orgasms happen when the pelvic floor contracts. Thats where they come from. Clitoral and vaginal wall stimulation creates the orgasm. Plus all your foreplay.

Your mental state going into surgery will greatly impact your sexual function afterwards. Be confident in your heart about the decision you make for your body.

Blessings to you,

Wildflowers

Unread 07-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Thank you!

Katannya your information about where orgasms originate has given me lots of hope. I was under the impression that an orgasm was brought on by the contraction of the uterus and I really hadn't been able to find anything on the contrary.

Thank you all for any info you can give me and best of luck to you all too.
Rhonda
Unread 07-15-2004, 01:35 PM

I had both removed and I'm still under the no intercourse rule. However, I have had outercourse (it's amazing the new words one learns here) and I'm delighted to tell you everything still works just fine!

My doctor told me the same thing about the cervix. It does not play any role in an orgasim. In fact, he said the most important organ in our body for an orgasim is the brain!

Hope this helps!

Tina
Unread 07-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Outercourse?

Hi Tina,
I was very happy to see your reply and I have one question and one concern.

Question: What exactly is "outercourse"?
I believe I know but I wouldn't want to miss out on anything just in case.

Concern: The doctor that told you about the origin of orgasms... was a man.....I'd take a lay-womans word over his any day of the week on this topic so I'm glad you added your personal experience to back him up.

Thank you, you are all being very helpful and giving me hope!
Rhonda
Unread 07-15-2004, 02:14 PM

Everything gone with my hyst. Good riddance! Nothing but trouble for the past 5 or 6 years!

Outercourse last night. It was wonderful! Fantastic "O's"
Notice I made it plural! LOL
Unread 07-15-2004, 03:35 PM

Thought you might like to hear frome someone who has been uterus and cervix free for a year now - had my one year anniversary this month. :

Sex before the surgery was excellent and it's even better now. I am not in pain and not bleeding constantly which means we can have sex now whenever we want to - not when the coast is clear!!!

The surgery was a great decision for me - I just wish I had done it sooner.

Good luck - all will be well and let us know how you are doing.

HUGS!!!!
Unread 07-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Thank you all so much for this info, you have no idea how happy you've made me so that I don't have to worry about this too on top of everything else.

Looking forward to learning what outercourse is just in case it's something other than I thought.

Thank you again,
Rhonda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register