PH balance/infections? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PH balance/infections? PH balance/infections?

Unread 04-16-2008, 10:20 AM
PH balance/infections?

Hi everyone,
Who out there has had an infection caused by PH balance issues after their hysterectomies? What causes them? I am on my 2nd one - the 1st was in January and my hyst was in December '07.

I did see my doc today but didn't think to ask that question. My bad!

Thanks!
miss martini
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 11:04 AM
PH balance/infections?

I think I'm having the same problem now. I thought I had a UTI. Urine showed trace of Bacteria and mucus, few WBC, PH was 8, but PCP said not significant enough for antibiotic. I have had a low grade fever for almost a week now. Lower back hurts a little. I go to see GYNO today. Dr. said CT showed something where uterus was. She doesn't know what.
Unread 04-16-2008, 12:32 PM
PH balance/infections?

i had recurrent yeast and bacterial infections. i think i threw my ph off by getting some peppermint body scrub where it didnt belong not long after my surgery. i had to go on diflucan for 6 months with metro gel every so often. i also used the over the counter ph corrector and take acidophilus capsules every day. all is well now, but it took awhile to figure it out. one thing you shouldnt do is douche..that will really throw your ph off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 01:35 PM
PH balance/infections?

Oh boy. I have a major, major infection going on right now so perhaps I can shed some light of this.

There are a lot of things that can cause an infection, an unbalanced PH is just one. At one point your body was probably too acidic or too alkaline. The blood reacts in order to self-correct the PH level. You probably got an infection as a result.

Unless you know the right antibiotic to fight the specific infection you never really get rid of the infection. It just sits there and festers. Then it raises it's ugly head again - just like now.

You need to pay attention to all the components of your urinalysis. Look at Anglee's (above) numbers. She has bacteria, mucous and WBCs - all things that are abnormal on her urinalysis. She has an infection. If I were here Dr. she would be on an antibiotic.

Anglee, did you Dr tell you why he did not want to put you on antibiotics for your infection? Just wondering.

Anyway, hope all that helps.
Unread 04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
PH balance/infections?

Boy, it sure is hard to get rid of that bacteria once they latch on to your bladder. I had years of infections after my hyst. They didn't associate them with hormones back then. They associate it now!
My main triggers are sex, cheap wines and mushrooms. I ate portabellos once and thought I'd never get rid of that infection! Finally did. I'm on hormones, I check my Ph and absolutely make sure to (immediately) pee after sex.
Hope you all get feeling better real soon.
Unread 04-16-2008, 02:59 PM
PH balance/infections?

Vinrl,

Do you self-check your Ph? If so, how do I do that? My tests have been at the Drs.
Unread 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
PH balance/infections?

I buy the PH testing paper (or strips) at the health food store. I also buy my own bacteria (blood in the urine) testing strips from the pharmacy. : )
Unread 04-17-2008, 06:40 AM
PH balance/infections?

I went to Gyno yesterday, he took one look at labs and said if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is usually a duck!!! He could not believe that my PCP did not put me on an antibiotic. He put me on Leviquin for 7 days and said if I have any infection in my pelvis this should also clear it up. I only hope I don't get a yeast infection (which I am prone to). Any suggestions other than eat yogurt?
Unread 04-17-2008, 11:32 AM
PH balance/infections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelee
I went to Gyno yesterday, he took one look at labs and said if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is usually a duck!!! He could not believe that my PCP did not put me on an antibiotic. He put me on Leviquin for 7 days and said if I have any infection in my pelvis this should also clear it up. I only hope I don't get a yeast infection (which I am prone to). Any suggestions other than eat yogurt?
Hi Angelee,
I like that line "Walks like a duck." Good thing you went in for a 2nd opinion.

As far as the yeast goes - stay away from anything with yest in it until it clears up. I have been somewhat prone to yeast infections as well. Yogurt is a good way to help clear it up.

I hope you feel well soon!
mis martini
Unread 04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
PH balance/infections?

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the informative responses! I’m on Flagyl now for 7 days. The pill tastes horrible! My results came back and it is not a yeast infection. When I 1st noticed irritation a couple of weeks ago, I didn’t think anything of it. It wasn’t till this weekend that I knew something was amiss.

I never knew you could by PH balance strips at a health food store – I never looked for these. I will from now on.

I was told there could be many reasons for the infection and I did eat a Portobello Saturday.

Thanks again sisters!
miss martini

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register