Bleeding & blood clots 7 days post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding & blood clots 7 days post-op? Bleeding & blood clots 7 days post-op?

Unread 07-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Bleeding & blood clots 7 days post-op?

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. This is my 1st post. I had vaginal hysterectomy last Thursday, July 9th to remove uterus and cervix due to adenomyosis. Went well. I have felt great with minimal spotting 1st few days and no spotting last few days. Have been taking it easy.
Started feeling different last night. Today I started bleeding with blood clots. I have to go in tomorrow to Doc to check stitches. She thinks I may have tore them.
Anyone else have blood clots days later? If so was it stitches or something else?
Thanks for any words of wisom you may like to share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Re: Bleeding & blood clots 7 days post-op?

Hello Sunnysunshine....I am glad you are seeing the doctor!!!! If I were you....I would lay down and keep my legs up....rest as much as possible. It could be a million and one things that had happened. If things get worse...go to the ER. For now rest!!! Please post after your doctors appointment tomorrow....we do worry!! Sending healing hugs.
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:43 PM

Thank you Lady63.

The nurse said to stay in bed (except potty breaks) until my appt. or (as you also suggested) go to ER if bleeding/clots increases. My Doc is actually on call. I hope I sleep tonight!

I will post tomorrow after appt. THANK YOU!

Are you completely healed and back to normal?

SunnySunshine
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 07:46 PM

As my husband puts it....I will never be normal. But I can honestly say...I am SO much better than I was 7 months ago!!! Now I have to deal with some hormone issues since my ovaries have decided not to work like I would want them too....but all in all....I'm much better. And I have healed really well from my surgery!!! Thanks for asking!!! You rest and take care of yourself!!!
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:48 PM

Sunny,
i have,nt had my surgery yet, but last Nov i had cone biospy. put on bed duty 7days, everything seemed fine until four days after. spotting and some discharge then day 5 it seemed as if a volcano erupted!!. Bleeding, clots,pain, went to doc day 6 and it was the stitches. she sewed me up had me come back in 2 days with no change!! Trip tp ER fluids more stitches, long story short I was on bed rest for 6 WEEKS!! So please see the Doc. It could be more than stitches.Keep us posted I pray for the best.

Loving 5
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Loving5,

6 weeks of bedrest! You must have gone mad. How did you deal with that? I have a busy house. I would need serious help.
6 weeks seems like an eternity for bed rest for stitches. Wow. Were you really active or just twist wrong or do you know how the stitches came undone? Did you have TVH? Glad you're all better now!

SunnySunshine
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:59 PM

Loving 5,
Please disregard my TVH question. I just reread your post. Unbelievable!
SunnySunshine
Unread 07-17-2009, 08:55 AM

HI Sunshine,

I was not active at all and yes I did sort of slip into periods of big depression. I drove my doc crazy about getting out of bed, she made it a little better each time she sent me back a text message( we do not talk much on the phone unless it has to ba a real in depth conversation). I run a small family business and am so used to being on the go from 5am until well after 8pm. It had to be the hardest thing I had to do. I resorted to counting the flowers on the wallpaper.(5,289 give or take a few). The wallpaper came down and painted the walls. I hope all is well for you and weeks of bed rest are not in your future. Still waiting on my surgery date thats getting to be another test for me just want all this to be over ASAP! You take care of yourself and keep the sunshine in your day.

Loving 5
Unread 07-17-2009, 05:28 PM

Yipee! The Doc said I look great today and am healing well. The stitches are in place. Doc said around day 8-10 days post surgery the stitches start to disssolve and any old blood clots, that were stuck behind the stitches, come through. Phew! She even gave me the go ahaed to start driving tomorrow. I'm so happy!

Thanks for your replys!
SunnySunshine
Unread 07-17-2009, 06:33 PM

Wonderful!! Still waiting, drive carefully.

Loving5

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register